Well, as is normal with Snow White, it's not simple. We pulled blood to do a CBC to check for infection and we're going to test for Leptospirosis. The lepto is a reach, the horse is not out on pasture, kept in a show barn and turned out for play in a large round pen and supervised. Nobody else in the show barn is sick, not even marginally. We did the Fluoroscein Stain to check for Corneal Abrasion, it was negative. So, at this point we're suspecting uveitis, but don't know if it's going to have a genetic origin or is the result of an infection of some kind. Lepto is a frequent culprit for non-genetic uveitis. So! We're awaiting results and a 2nd opinion ophthalmology consult.
In the meantime, she'll be getting prednisolone eyedrops and oral Banamine for the next week to see what happens while we wait for test results and a more thorough eye exam.
***BTW, she's barely a yearling in these pics. She's now a 2 year old and is over 15 hands and is in show condition, so BEEFY, not butt high at all.***