For two point:
Don't just go around in two point in circles. Start from a halt and be UP in two point. Then:
- get your horse to walk
- get your horse to walk straight
- get your horse to change direction
- halt, walk, halt sets
- practice your geometry at the walk
- transition from walk to trot (no posting)
- alternate between staying up in 2 point and posting
- transition from walk to trot to walk to halt (and other combinations)
- be able to change directions at the trot
- be able to circle at the trot
- work up to canter
- transition all the way up from halt to canter then back down again
- practice posting the canter (one stride is up, one stride is down)
- practice transitions (yes, I meant to repeat that)
- practice geometry
You should eventually be able to do all that and never sit in the saddle.
Work up to being able to stay in 2 point for 10 minutes, then 15, then 30.
* I'm often reading and posting from mobile and Siri loves to make a mockery of the English language.