Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USDF Region 1, USEA Area 2, USEF Zone 3 - Maryland
1. Ensure your horse stands squarely in a natural position
2. Stand on your horse's left with the end of your measuring tape in your left hand. Place the end of the measuring tape at the point where your horse's neck meets the center of her chest.
3. Using your right hand, draw the tape along her left side and over the widest part of her shoulder. Continue to draw the tape in this manner for the extent of your reach.
4. Note the measurement. Then mark the spot of your reach with your right thumb. Move down to the spot you've marked with your thumb. Place the end of the measuring tape at this point.
5. Using your right hand, continue to draw the tape along your horse's side and across the point of her buttocks, which is the hindmost part of the quarters and about 10 to 12 inches below where the tail and body meet. Note this measurement.
6. Add your two measurements together to get your blanket size.
-Melanie Mom to 3 bays: Beau, Daisy & Cavalina
Last edited by My Beau; 10-12-2009 at 08:01 PM.