Nicole S... I think your opinion is based on incorrect facts.
- Wintecs aren't cheap... I paid $850(NZD) for my 500 Dressage brand new... without mounts.
- I'll be forking out $1885(NZD) for my next saddle - which is also a wintec... the Isabell Werth Dressage saddle (by far the best saddle I have EVER ridden in... helps you into a PROPER position)
- They are durable, and have a lifetime warranty on their tree. I've had my 500 Dressage for about ermm 4yrs now... apart from obvious wear (from where the stirrup leathers rub), a small nick in the cantle, and a couple of TINY tears in the girth straps (which I'll be getting fixed), this saddle has held up to the job and still is in great condition to show in... infact both me and my mate show in our 500s and my friend has won turnout several times in this saddle - and it's a little worse off than mine! She's now got the Isabell so shes been getting nice remarks these days too.
- They are incredibly comfortable... used to ride in a few well conditioned leather saddles - will never go back to one. My saddle has had a good knock as well cos my old mare and I went crashing to the ground in slippery conditions at a show grounds once (wasn't the only one to go flying!) and the tree, as well as the exterior are perfectly fine.
- They fit most horse shapes and sizes... I can put that saddle on all three of my horses, in fact I do, they're all ridden in it... they've not had any back problems, the saddle fits each of them very well, and it's only 15mins to change the gullet plate if that! I however ride my horses all in the same gullet size (both my girls are a wide and I can put an extra saddle blanket on underneath for my gelding who's a med-wide) and it's so easy, as I'm a uni student and dont have the time to muck about... three horses to work and I get the job done quickly!
- They are easy to maintain, a bucket of soapy water and a cloth is all it takes... and it's about 10mins to clean it thoroughly (which I do cos I'm a bit of a perfectionist) haha.
I thoroughly reconmend these saddles to anyone... Jackson - congrats on your new saddle - ya gonna love it!
♥ Seoul Searchin' for the Lovebug ♥