Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Castle Rock,Washington
Bringing Brandy Home...Came With Problems
So, today I made a really tough decision. I decided I want to bring Brandy home. I love the place we're boarding her at, and it's super cheap, and it has great trails and the BO is just beyond amazing...But I just don't get to see her anymore :/ It's been almost two months now, and it's driving me nuts. There really isn't very much of a place to ride here, but I guess I could make it work. Buuut what I can't make work...My uncle runs a logging business, and he told us the guy who owns the property behind our field wants it all logged out. So our big field is going to be demolished, and part of our small field will need taken out. That's an acre, gone! I mean, he works fast, so it wouldn't be very long...and on the upside, since they're clearing things out, there's more of a place to ride, but what am I going to do? The horses will hardly have a field, and as cheap as the board is, we can't afford to keep them both up there while this is going on. I was thinking we could maybe find a place and build a temporary fence to keep them in, but I don't know. Where they are right now is the biggest we have, and when the big half goes the small field won't be able to hold them both. Well, it could, but I won't really know until they come up and tell us what part of the fence needs taken down. What do you guys think we should do, regarding the fencing and them meeting? I could take pictures of our property if it would help?