Dumbest Horse For Sale Ads - Page 173 - The Horse Forum
 3918Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1721 of 7202 Old 11-19-2011, 01:23 PM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: eastern oregon
Posts: 297
• Horses: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by hisangelonly View Post
Quarter Horse Gelding (paint color)

they cant register him because his father was gelded before he was born??

ya im not sure why that would matter either....pretty boy though lol

no time is wasted spent in the saddle
jannette is offline  
post #1722 of 7202 Old 11-19-2011, 01:28 PM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: eastern oregon
Posts: 297
• Horses: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by hisangelonly View Post
Beautiful Gray QH Filly

i think they are doing something very wrong....or maybe she is just a marish mare haha

sad sounds like they have taught her that she's boss...this is what happens when u make your foal a pet dog....

but they have made a real case against her lol talked me outa wanting to look at her, kinda defeats the purpose of putting an ad out to sell her....experienced rider probably would of been plenty..hehehe

no time is wasted spent in the saddle

Last edited by jannette; 11-19-2011 at 01:33 PM.
jannette is offline  
post #1723 of 7202 Old 11-19-2011, 02:31 PM
Foal
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Central Oregon
Posts: 195
• Horses: 1
QH gelding

Sorrel quarter horse gelding. Approx 12yrs. NOT for beginners. I was told he would be good for hunting and packing. He's not. My neighbor told me he thought he was probably "woman broke". He might be, because he's almost impossible for me to catch him. He will pull back when tied, and start to buck EVERY time you saddle him. Asking $2500 (which is what I paid), but am open to offers.

At least the seller is honest? Though I'm curious what makes him not good at hunting and packing, what constitutes a "woman broke" horse, and why the current owner thinks he would be, and WHY he thinks he'll get even close to $2,500.
jannette likes this.
sabowin is offline  
post #1724 of 7202 Old 11-19-2011, 05:18 PM
Green Broke
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Olds, AB Canada
Posts: 2,754
• Horses: 2
Looking to Swap/Trade a pair of horses - Cape Breton Livestock For Sale - Kijiji Cape Breton

Sounds like a great deal

Horses are scared of two things... Things that move and things that don't.
Ray MacDonald is offline  
post #1725 of 7202 Old 11-19-2011, 07:36 PM
Showing
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chino Valley, AZ
Posts: 16,205
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hisangelonly View Post
Beautiful Gray QH Filly

i think they are doing something very wrong....or maybe she is just a marish mare haha
As someone said, they probably let her walk all over them and think she's a people, not a horse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabowin View Post
QH gelding

Sorrel quarter horse gelding. Approx 12yrs. NOT for beginners. I was told he would be good for hunting and packing. He's not. My neighbor told me he thought he was probably "woman broke". He might be, because he's almost impossible for me to catch him. He will pull back when tied, and start to buck EVERY time you saddle him. Asking $2500 (which is what I paid), but am open to offers.

At least the seller is honest? Though I'm curious what makes him not good at hunting and packing, what constitutes a "woman broke" horse, and why the current owner thinks he would be, and WHY he thinks he'll get even close to $2,500.
Wow, could this guy be any more sexist?! That REALLy just made me !!

Also, Ray, on the last ad you linked to (the two horses to trade)...I do have to say they are absolutely gorgeous. And from the sound of it, they're greenbroke. What makes me go O.o is that the two horses in the first pic are grulla and buckskin...the two horses in the last pic (which if you go by markings, look like the same horses) are a chestnut and a bay. Ummmmmmmmmm... O.o

http://i42.tinypic.com/140y8lj.png
Do not tell me I can't...because I will show you that I can.
DraftyAiresMum is offline  
post #1726 of 7202 Old 11-19-2011, 07:36 PM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southeast PA, USA
Posts: 626
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray MacDonald View Post
Lol. Here, I'll give you two horses that you'll have to put lots of time and money into in exchange for one that's already made!

On a different note, they are gorgeous :]
MandiMal likes this.

"The art of riding is keeping a *horse* between you and the ground."
xeventer17 is offline  
post #1727 of 7202 Old 11-19-2011, 08:03 PM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Vermont
Posts: 621
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftyAiresMum View Post
What makes me go O.o is that the two horses in the first pic are grulla and buckskin...the two horses in the last pic (which if you go by markings, look like the same horses) are a chestnut and a bay. Ummmmmmmmmm... O.o
I think that's just a case of misplaced photo editing. They didn't magically produce two horses of the exact same build and marking as theirs for this one picture that doesn't even tell much.

Also, "woman broke?" Seriously? I mean I get what you're trying to say but could you say it in a less offensive way please?

"The wise man thinks he knows nothing.
The fool thinks he knows everything."

Tymer is offline  
post #1728 of 7202 Old 11-19-2011, 08:17 PM
Foal
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Central Oregon
Posts: 195
• Horses: 1
I don't get what he's trying to say--could you explain it to this confused woman? I mean, if he was saying it like HE can handle the horse just fine, and suspects a woman also could, that would be sexist. But it seems like he's being self-deprecating about it, like maybe a woman could handle this horse, but he can't even catch him. I don't know... It's just weird.
sabowin is offline  
post #1729 of 7202 Old 11-19-2011, 08:23 PM
Showing
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chino Valley, AZ
Posts: 16,205
• Horses: 1
"Grate healer horse," eh? So the horse is a metal gate and can heal stuff? I want me one of them!!

horse
Grate healer horse will sell with saddle 800.00 obo. 602-615-0021

  • Location: buckeye
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests


What is a "baymare"? I thought it was a typo at first in the title, but then there's the exact same thing in the body of the ad.

Thoroughbred Baymare
--8 year old Baymare named Baby registered with papers--asking $500.
--for more information please call Bud @--623-640-8932

  • Location: Prescott
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

http://i42.tinypic.com/140y8lj.png
Do not tell me I can't...because I will show you that I can.
DraftyAiresMum is offline  
post #1730 of 7202 Old 11-19-2011, 08:25 PM
Showing
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chino Valley, AZ
Posts: 16,205
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabowin View Post
I don't get what he's trying to say--could you explain it to this confused woman? I mean, if he was saying it like HE can handle the horse just fine, and suspects a woman also could, that would be sexist. But it seems like he's being self-deprecating about it, like maybe a woman could handle this horse, but he can't even catch him. I don't know... It's just weird.
Sounds to me that he's saying that women don't know how to break horses and let them get away with everything, like not being caught and such.

http://i42.tinypic.com/140y8lj.png
Do not tell me I can't...because I will show you that I can.
DraftyAiresMum is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Probly the dumbest riding style! horse_luver4e Horse Breeds 133 04-09-2013 05:48 PM
This MUST be the dumbest bideo out there Spyder Horse Videos 69 05-06-2011 03:00 PM
1991 2 horse BP horse trailer for sale Strait Load babalina Tack and Equipment Classifieds 0 02-27-2010 08:27 PM
Dumbest horse idea Kentucky Horse Breeding 5 03-09-2009 02:10 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome