Dumbest Horse For Sale Ads - Page 367 - The Horse Forum
 3918Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #3661 of 7202 Old 05-30-2012, 11:00 AM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 926
• Horses: 0
I like her..am I nuts? :0) It does appear something weird is going on with her back legs, however, but it could be the pic.
Posted via Mobile Device
Back2Horseback is offline  
post #3662 of 7202 Old 05-30-2012, 11:37 AM
Showing
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chino Valley, AZ
Posts: 16,205
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misty'sGirl View Post
Each to their own I guess, I'd just be concerned about issues in the future. When the ads say "will mature to this height" I can't help thinking, if the horse isn't mature and is still growing, why ride it? But yeah, just my opinion, no offense intended! :)
No offense taken. I think as long as they aren't used hard before they're four, they'll be fine. My guy has been ridden in the arena half a dozen times (walk only up until he turned three, now we're adding trotting) and on the trail half a dozen times (a little hilly, but generally at a walk...if he trotted, it was of his own volition and I'd rein him in right away).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back2Horseback View Post
I like her..am I nuts? :0) It does appear something weird is going on with her back legs, however, but it could be the pic.
Posted via Mobile Device
Not nuts at all! I like her too! I think the weirdness on her hind that you're seeing is just the angle of the pics combined with her high stockings.

http://i42.tinypic.com/140y8lj.png
Do not tell me I can't...because I will show you that I can.
DraftyAiresMum is offline  
post #3663 of 7202 Old 05-30-2012, 12:27 PM
Green Broke
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Copley, OH
Posts: 4,760
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustEvent View Post
Palomino Mare 6-7 Yr old Qtr - $600

Very muscular Palomino mare. Blaze face with glass eyes, not real glass eyes, they just look like white marbles. She may have been bred, not sure, you may be getting two horses. Sweet mare, Rides good, about 14.3 hands, I will measure exactly if needed. I also have saddles and tack if needed. I am moving to city and the horses said they didn't like city life. Ladies and gentlemen, we have ourselves a real live horse whisperer!


I hope someone snatches up this rare "red palomino"!

"The times when you have seen only one set of footprints in the sand, is when I carried you..."
Hoofprints in the Sand is offline  
post #3664 of 7202 Old 05-30-2012, 03:11 PM
Started
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,021
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back2Horseback View Post
I like her..am I nuts? :0) It does appear something weird is going on with her back legs, however, but it could be the pic.
Posted via Mobile Device
I like her myself, although I'm a sucker for a chestnut with a white face and stockings Saying that, I thought her main fault was quite possibly the longest barrel I've seen in along time...

Stop for a minute, open your mind, learn. You may not agree with what I say, I may not agree with what you say but we will both learn something new.
Maple is offline  
post #3665 of 7202 Old 05-30-2012, 06:20 PM
Foal
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Yoder, CO
Posts: 133
• Horses: 3
Beautiful Appaloosa Mare

"Item" really?! Ugh. I've seen this post so many times.
Posted via Mobile Device
JanetsPaintedRayne is offline  
post #3666 of 7202 Old 05-30-2012, 06:30 PM
Foal
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 76
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyDraco View Post
Lots of red flags all over this ad that screams SCAM to me. Stallion in New York for sale listed price in Euros. Pictures were of a double dilute (not an albino) running in an arid climate similar to Arizona or the like. And this line, "I help with organising the vet-check & transport". Who really owns 200 horses across Portugal and Spain? I looked at a few that they had listed on horseclicks, all seemed that they were averaging a 20k euros price tag


Exactly. ><
Some people.
Leahrene is offline  
post #3667 of 7202 Old 05-30-2012, 09:41 PM
Trained
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,408
• Horses: 5
"Horses" Spring Production Sale

Not a dumb ad, so to speak, but totally mis-represented. I went there today .. drove over 3 hours to get there .. was told he had several colts that met my friends criteria .. he totally lied. He had ONE .. and the price was 50 percent higher than he quoted .. there are NO started geldings .. not one three in one package offered.. and the only yearling we were shown was malnurished. His stallion was emaciated and sporting a huge open sore on his hock..

Sometimes things are quite what they seem .. huh?

Come join us on the Texas Horse Friends thread.https://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk...riends-125927/
texasgal is offline  
post #3668 of 7202 Old 05-30-2012, 09:46 PM
Started
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,635
• Horses: 0
^ That place is near our farm. You should've stopped by and picked up Poppy instead ;)


oh vair oh is offline  
post #3669 of 7202 Old 05-31-2012, 01:45 AM
Started
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Ga
Posts: 1,515
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetsPaintedRayne View Post
Beautiful Appaloosa Mare

"Item" really?! Ugh. I've seen this post so many times.
Posted via Mobile Device
I like her a lot. I'd like her more if she were introduced to the horse version of Jenny Craig . Can we say cresty neck and chunky butt?

I miss you Rascal. Every day, all day.
Rascaholic is offline  
post #3670 of 7202 Old 05-31-2012, 01:57 AM
Foal
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: home is where my horse is
Posts: 72
• Horses: 0
Free horse

Magic is a Awsome egorse he stands 17.3 hand and is. A draft thourgbred only vices are will not load in trailer,and bucks and rears when riden and occasionally lays down in you. He is a stud so sometimes he will bite you and kicks men he hates men, He is still young so may be able to get a tun up he is 18 years of age. Call ---- ***-***-****

WHAT?
what is an egorse? He certainly sounds like a gem...

There is something about jumping a horse over a fence, something that makes you feel good. Perhaps it is the risk, the gamble. In any event it is a thing I need.

To ride a horse, is to ride the sky
roljess is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Probly the dumbest riding style! horse_luver4e Horse Breeds 133 04-09-2013 05:48 PM
This MUST be the dumbest bideo out there Spyder Horse Videos 69 05-06-2011 03:00 PM
1991 2 horse BP horse trailer for sale Strait Load babalina Tack and Equipment Classifieds 0 02-27-2010 08:27 PM
Dumbest horse idea Kentucky Horse Breeding 5 03-09-2009 02:10 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome