Dumbest Horse For Sale Ads - Page 380 - The Horse Forum
 3918Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #3791 of 7202 Old 06-12-2012, 04:56 PM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 926
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBCrone View Post
The BUCKSKIN, clearly winning HALTER HORSE (Did you SEE HOW FIT THAT HORSE WAS IN THE PHOTOS WITH THE NECK RIBBONS?) it's ALSO CLEARLY NOT a black Fresian, NOT A CHESTNUT, YOUNG QH IN NEED OF CONDITIONING!

I'd love to find the ad that actually goes with the horse depicted in those three photos!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Horsealot and Critter sitter like this.
Back2Horseback is offline  
post #3792 of 7202 Old 06-12-2012, 05:37 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bronson, Florida
Posts: 725
• Horses: 1
Ya ... buckskin is gorgeous. Is actually what made me click on the ad in the first place. THEN I look at the ad title and was a bit perplexed, then I read the ad and they are talking about some chestnut. Another HUH? moment, then over at the right as "breed" it says AraAppaloosa with a height of 8.2 hands.

Is some super secret new breed we all don't know about, am sure.
BBBCrone is offline  
post #3793 of 7202 Old 06-12-2012, 05:46 PM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Central Texas, easily mistaken for a big bowl of dust!!
Posts: 1,427
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBCrone View Post
Ya ... buckskin is gorgeous. Is actually what made me click on the ad in the first place. THEN I look at the ad title and was a bit perplexed, then I read the ad and they are talking about some chestnut. Another HUH? moment, then over at the right as "breed" it says AraAppaloosa with a height of 8.2 hands.

Is some super secret new breed we all don't know about, am sure.
Better yet, he's a AQHA registered AraAppaloosa... O_O SMH....
Posted via Mobile Device
Lauryn Fearless likes this.
LovesMyDunnBoy is offline  
post #3794 of 7202 Old 06-12-2012, 05:52 PM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Central Texas, easily mistaken for a big bowl of dust!!
Posts: 1,427
• Horses: 1
Does anyone remeber these guys..?

"gonna try to find out why he bucks when I try to ride him..."

Umm, I wonder why... Maybe because you're trying to ride him like a motorcycle... His mouth is always gaping open in their ads. Poor horsie...
Posted via Mobile Device

Duuh....should put the link...

http://austin.craigslist.org/grd/3036251420.html
LovesMyDunnBoy is offline  
post #3795 of 7202 Old 06-12-2012, 09:38 PM
Showing
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 22,320
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovesMyDunnBoy View Post
Does anyone remeber these guys..?

"gonna try to find out why he bucks when I try to ride him..."

Umm, I wonder why... Maybe because you're trying to ride him like a motorcycle... His mouth is always gaping open in their ads. Poor horsie...
Posted via Mobile Device
OMG, that's the same chick?? from the earlier ads posted here!

Now that I've seen some pictures of the other horse (chestnut), I bet he's bucking because their saddle doesn't fit his poor sway back. Couple that with how that woman rides, that would explain a good portion of it.

I feel so sorry for those poor horses .
Back2Horseback likes this.
smrobs is offline  
post #3796 of 7202 Old 06-12-2012, 10:57 PM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 926
• Horses: 0
Oh that back..poor baby! And the paint looks miserable...this isn't the one with the ads where the woman/man (? Not really sure which!) was riding with their legs in a weird, awful position? Really inappropriate riding in all the pics in the last ad? Ugh. My hope would have been that somehow, DESPITE those original horrid ads, they would have sold these poor horses so they could be in better homes! Alas, they remain with "Mr./Ms. Shrek" rider, who clearly CONTINUES the same essential riding "style"; (can THAT even BE called a "style")?

Someone, please buy these poor older horses so they can have a chance at a better life with a loving & just as importantly, EDUCATED rider! :0(
Posted via Mobile Device
Back2Horseback is offline  
post #3797 of 7202 Old 06-13-2012, 12:44 AM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 926
• Horses: 0
By the way, I referred to the "person of unknown gender" (I do most of my reading and posting on my phone, thus, pics are difficult to see detail on...and the facial expression on the person is reminiscent of the Shrek wife (Fiona) to me in the initial ad's four pics, is all. Wasn't attempting to be somehow cruel (even though I believe the rider WAS, on some level). Simply wished to clarify, as do not believe in being a "bully/name-caller")...

"I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener"
Back2Horseback is offline  
post #3798 of 7202 Old 06-13-2012, 10:44 AM
Started
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,187
• Horses: 0
A. Some spell check would be nice.

Its wonderful that they're looking for someone who CAN train this horse but B. I giggled at the end. Would trade for a nice broke horse ready for shows and trail riding. Sign me up! I have five I'm willing to trade for the unbroke rescue :)

PROJECT QUARTER MARE FOR SALE! NEEDS HOME ASAP! - $200 (Merritt, Michigan)

Date: 2012-06-12, 7:29PM EDT
Reply to: [email protected][Errors when replying to ads?]


We just bought a mare for my mom to ride about a month ago. The seller told us she was broke to ride. Well when we got there to ride her and try her out we realized she was in terrible condition. She was with another horse in an all dirt pen, and each horse only had 1 flake of hay, and it had picker bushes in it! Theyr hooves wer abaolutly horrible, my mom decided ther was no way she was leaving Beauty there, the seller was going through a divorce and only had 10 square bales left and said she was not buying anymore so the horses needed to go. Anyways, we brought Beauty home believing that she was broke just severly under weight. We put her in our grass pasture and got her on weight gainer and grain twice a day, and she looks 100times better. But she is not what we wanted. We wanted a nice trail horse for my mom to ride and for me to do speed shows with, we tried to ride her but she bucked...bad, so we are now looking for the horse we wanted, and trying to find a good home for Beauty. She is really a sweet horse and wouldnt be very hard to train, she took the saddle easier than we expected, just not the person. She still needs her feet done, but shes gonna need a little work done first, she doesnt like her back feet touched much, she just needs time, but we want to ride. We wer told she is about 7yrs, which seems pretty beleiveable she does not look old. She had coggins test done and it was NEG. Gets along with other horses,dogs, cats, tractors. Shes not mean or aggressive. She eats, and drinks just fine, her teeth do probly need to be flooated though. She is first one to great you at the gate, she comes from back of pen when you whistle and call her name. She is honestly a sweet horse that just needs somebody with a little bit of time. I am only asking $200obo because we paid $150 for her and have put money into her for coggins, grain, weight gainer, joint stuff. Anyways if you have any questions text (i can send pictures) 231-667-0837. We also open to trades for abroke horse ready for speed shows and trail riding. doesnt have to be dead broke, just enought to where we can ride! Thanks, or email me!!
New_image is offline  
post #3799 of 7202 Old 06-13-2012, 11:55 AM
Started
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Ga
Posts: 1,515
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by New_image View Post
A. Some spell check would be nice.

Its wonderful that they're looking for someone who CAN train this horse but B. I giggled at the end. Would trade for a nice broke horse ready for shows and trail riding. Sign me up! I have five I'm willing to trade for the unbroke rescue :)

PROJECT QUARTER MARE FOR SALE! NEEDS HOME ASAP! - $200 (Merritt, Michigan)

Date: 2012-06-12, 7:29PM EDT
Reply to: [email protected][Errors when replying to ads?]


We just bought a mare for my mom to ride about a month ago. The seller told us she was broke to ride. Well when we got there to ride her and try her out we realized she was in terrible condition. She was with another horse in an all dirt pen, and each horse only had 1 flake of hay, and it had picker bushes in it! Theyr hooves wer abaolutly horrible, my mom decided ther was no way she was leaving Beauty there, the seller was going through a divorce and only had 10 square bales left and said she was not buying anymore so the horses needed to go. Anyways, we brought Beauty home believing that she was broke just severly under weight. We put her in our grass pasture and got her on weight gainer and grain twice a day, and she looks 100times better. But she is not what we wanted. We wanted a nice trail horse for my mom to ride and for me to do speed shows with, we tried to ride her but she bucked...bad, so we are now looking for the horse we wanted, and trying to find a good home for Beauty. She is really a sweet horse and wouldnt be very hard to train, she took the saddle easier than we expected, just not the person. She still needs her feet done, but shes gonna need a little work done first, she doesnt like her back feet touched much, she just needs time, but we want to ride. We wer told she is about 7yrs, which seems pretty beleiveable she does not look old. She had coggins test done and it was NEG. Gets along with other horses,dogs, cats, tractors. Shes not mean or aggressive. She eats, and drinks just fine, her teeth do probly need to be flooated though. She is first one to great you at the gate, she comes from back of pen when you whistle and call her name. She is honestly a sweet horse that just needs somebody with a little bit of time. I am only asking $200obo because we paid $150 for her and have put money into her for coggins, grain, weight gainer, joint stuff. Anyways if you have any questions text (i can send pictures) 231-667-0837. We also open to trades for abroke horse ready for speed shows and trail riding. doesnt have to be dead broke, just enought to where we can ride! Thanks, or email me!!
I honestly despise ads like that. If you are gonna "rescue" the horse then why not finish the commitment you WILLINGLY started for a better future with some **** training and more groceries before you sell it off for whatever you can get. If you're gonna bring it home in bad shape, at least have contacted a local rescue about finishing the rehab you started. If not, walk away while calling Animal Control. They are better off seized and humanely euthanized than in homes like this, cause you know at that price where it is likely to end up.

I am sometimes glad we didn't purchase the house we originally looked at. I could house a lot of rescues from the rescuers on 21 acres. *shakes head and steps off the soap box while muttering vile and foul things under my breath*

I miss you Rascal. Every day, all day.
Rascaholic is offline  
post #3800 of 7202 Old 06-13-2012, 12:38 PM
Started
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,187
• Horses: 0
While I agree whole heartedly, people don't tend to think before they leap in trying to do the right thing.

Ads like this are exactly how I've unded up with so many horses threw the years. Cleaning up messes, training and hopefully keeping horses from where this one is likely to end up.

I just thought the "willing to trade for a trained horse" was a nice touch to this ad.
New_image is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Probly the dumbest riding style! horse_luver4e Horse Breeds 133 04-09-2013 05:48 PM
This MUST be the dumbest bideo out there Spyder Horse Videos 69 05-06-2011 03:00 PM
1991 2 horse BP horse trailer for sale Strait Load babalina Tack and Equipment Classifieds 0 02-27-2010 08:27 PM
Dumbest horse idea Kentucky Horse Breeding 5 03-09-2009 02:10 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome