Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: South East Texas
Quest has much lower 'safety' levels when it comes to overdosing, Ray. While you can give as much as 60-70 times the normal amount of Ivermectrin to a horse without adverse affects, you can only give a few times ( I think three times?) the amount of Quest to a mini. And since tubes tend to 'slip' and give the entire tube if you arent VERY careful and your horse is a saint, overdosing a mini would be very possible. If you have a 250 lb (average weight) mini and you accidently give the whole tube which is usually for 1000, 1200 lbs, you've overdosed into the 'red' zone and death is very probable. Overdosing can kill a miniature by inducing seizures, brain damage, neurological problems, etc. It is also known to cause abortion in pregnant mares.
Everyone in your life is meant to
be in your journey, but not all of
them are meant to stay till the end.