how to raise money? - Page 2 - The Horse Forum
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 43 Old 10-13-2010, 09:39 AM
Lis
Yearling
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: I live in rainy England
Posts: 879
• Horses: 0
If you go to Mcdonalds as part time staff then you can set out your availability. Over here Mcdonalds is one of the few places that pay above minimum wage.

Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
Lis is offline  
post #12 of 43 Old 10-13-2010, 09:42 AM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: texas
Posts: 1,994
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lis View Post
If you go to Mcdonalds as part time staff then you can set out your availability. Over here Mcdonalds is one of the few places that pay above minimum wage.


I do have to mention I have a guy friend who can help me get a job because he knows a lot of people and basically over here thats how you get a job if you know someone.
Anyways I will apply at Mc-donalds. lol.

I also cannot work on Sundays I have full time stuff on Sundays Church, after church stuff I see my boyfriend on Sundays only time we can or Saturdays but Saturrdays I take my riding lessons

Last edited by EventersBabe; 10-13-2010 at 09:47 AM.
EventersBabe is offline  
post #13 of 43 Old 10-13-2010, 09:47 AM
Lis
Yearling
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: I live in rainy England
Posts: 879
• Horses: 0
Yep, it's all online now.

Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
Lis is offline  
post #14 of 43 Old 10-13-2010, 09:50 AM
Green Broke
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Norco, CA
Posts: 4,407
• Horses: 5
There is a girl here (She's 12) that earns almost all of her show money herself, even when she went to pony finals...and she's not even old enough to have a "real" job. She also just bought herself a new pony while at finals..with money she earned herself (I don't me a schlump pony, it's a welsh that can jump over pretty much ANYTHING) What she does is...

Cleans tack for people...both at our stable and sometimes if there is a big horse show at the fairgrounds she will set up a booth and clean tack there (it costs money but she usually makes way more than she paid for the booth).

Show grooms... she will help get horses ready for show (her parents will only allow her to actually bathe a horse the trainer says is safe for her to bathe fyi). She does the show braids, etc....which takes a while but she gets paid major dough for that one. I f you know how to do a decent show braid, that can help.

She cleans/organizes peoples tack sheds. It's so cute, she even leaves horse mints lol.

She also does he baby sitting, pet sitting etc. But she also offers herself out as a "mom's helper" which is different than babysitting. She helps do some of the chores around the house...single mom's LOVE this as it's really hard when you have children under 3 to even do simple things like clean tubs, wash dishes, make a decent dinner.
Cinnys Whinny is offline  
post #15 of 43 Old 10-13-2010, 10:01 AM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: texas
Posts: 1,994
• Horses: 1
I was thinking about cleaning tack show braids and stuff I gotta learn how to do that though.
EventersBabe is offline  
post #16 of 43 Old 10-13-2010, 12:19 PM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Bucharest, Romania. Eastern Europe
Posts: 1,079
• Horses: 1
Are you good with crafting things?

A user on this forum makes some very nice beaded ..ornaments (sorry forgot the exact English word) for horses.

You could go for something easier and make bracelets. Sell them on eBay or even around your neighborhood.
Also, okay, it sounds crazy but it works, if you know knitting I know that hand made sweaters and scarves are always in demand.

Are you very good at something related to school? English, Maths..stuff?
I used to help with preparing lessons in highschool.
I also wrote other people's essays for money

:)
inaclick is offline  
post #17 of 43 Old 10-13-2010, 12:57 PM
Showing
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: MD
Posts: 23,909
• Horses: 2
inaclick brought up a good idea: if you can do fancy stuff (like pictures or browbands or necklets), you can sell those over Internet. Not whole lot of money, but at least some.




Last edited by kitten_Val; 10-13-2010 at 01:01 PM.
kitten_Val is offline  
post #18 of 43 Old 10-13-2010, 01:06 PM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Western US
Posts: 373
• Horses: 1
Here's an alternative thought.

It sounds like your parents are helping you while you go to school. Take advantage of that and get in as many classes as the school will allow - get permission to take beyond the normal credits. Work hard, finish up your degree a semester or two early.
In the meantime, you won't be able to get your own horse, but it'll pay off as soon as you graduate early, because then you can get a REAL job and afford the horse and care.

Some things in life ARE worth waiting for, especially if you can work hard to reduce the waiting time. You don't always need to have it now.

Also, see if your school has an equestrian club. You might be able to get in some riding and competing for a lot less than buying a horse.
Shenandoah is offline  
post #19 of 43 Old 10-13-2010, 08:03 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: texas
Posts: 1,994
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shenandoah View Post
Here's an alternative thought.

It sounds like your parents are helping you while you go to school. Take advantage of that and get in as many classes as the school will allow - get permission to take beyond the normal credits. Work hard, finish up your degree a semester or two early.
In the meantime, you won't be able to get your own horse, but it'll pay off as soon as you graduate early, because then you can get a REAL job and afford the horse and care.

Some things in life ARE worth waiting for, especially if you can work hard to reduce the waiting time. You don't always need to have it now.

Also, see if your school has an equestrian club. You might be able to get in some riding and competing for a lot less than buying a horse.

It doesn't have an equestrian club =/ I may suggest that though :)

Im already doing riding and lessons etc. I just wanna save up money so I have the money to continue doing that :) An then later on buy a horse when my parents decide to move. Moving out to the country.
EventersBabe is offline  
post #20 of 43 Old 10-13-2010, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: texas
Posts: 1,994
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by inaclick View Post
Are you good with crafting things?

A user on this forum makes some very nice beaded ..ornaments (sorry forgot the exact English word) for horses.

You could go for something easier and make bracelets. Sell them on eBay or even around your neighborhood.
Also, okay, it sounds crazy but it works, if you know knitting I know that hand made sweaters and scarves are always in demand.

Are you very good at something related to school? English, Maths..stuff?
I used to help with preparing lessons in highschool.
I also wrote other people's essays for money

Not very good with that kinda stuff. Nope not at all school learning disabilities does tend to make me less smart and I can't be helpful towards people. I probably could make stuff If I was good at art :(
EventersBabe is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone raise or breed Quarabs here?? annaleah Horse Breeds 0 08-16-2010 09:19 PM
Looking to raise money for a horse>> Ak1 Horse Talk 6 05-31-2010 09:05 AM
Not to raise or to raise a foal? Velvetgrace Horse Breeds 15 07-13-2009 08:52 PM
Need Votes to Raise $ to start Therapeutic greenbug General Off Topic Discussion 2 10-31-2008 07:23 AM
RAISE A STANZA-TB stallion sweetypie16 Horse Breeds 7 07-25-2008 06:24 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome