Insalting other peoples horses - Page 4 - The Horse Forum
 1Likes
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 59 Old 10-07-2009, 07:30 PM
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 31
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by eventerwannabe View Post
Very interesting views Judecca! I do see your point, but like a lot of others, I dont see the point in saying something rude about ones horse if its not asked of (a.i. when someone just posts some pictures of their horse saying how proud they are of the for jumping 3' for the first time, then someone replying saying that their horse is ugly and that it shouldnt be jumping 3' because it sucks at it). Sure, someone is going to say something rude, there is no way to avoid that, but does that mean that we who done believe in that have to just sit there and take it? No.
You don't have to "just sit there and take it," but there's a point where it should just be let go. If a person can say something about another's horse, then someone else can say what they wish about what person number one has said. That only goes without saying. However, people should realise that things like that will happen, and there's no need to take it to heart. Also, there's no need to make it into a huge drama worthy of becoming its own soap opera. I've been in many arguments where I've said things others thought were rude and unnecessary (not horse-related, but whatever), and they've just become crazy! Usually I'll then just be like, "Okay, y'all are taking this too far. I think it's time we be done. Bye." 'Cause there's no point in making it into such a big thing.

Plenty of times I've had people say horrible things about horses I love. My riding instructor, actually, used to totally hate my favourite horse of the barn. She was always insulting him. And I just accepted that she didn't like his personality, and that's okay. The horse I ride now a friend of mine says how much she hates, and I just laugh it off. She's entitled to that, right? And I wouldn't ask her to not say that just because I can't handle the reality of her feelings.
Goddess of Judecca is offline  
post #32 of 59 Old 10-07-2009, 07:31 PM
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 31
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeahKathleen View Post
Judecca, no one wishes to change what you believe. That is not my right nor anyone else's. But like you said - rules are rules.

Here, each thing we choose to say must adhere to the aforementioned rules.

This thread is about being rude on this forum - and each of my points has been valid on those grounds thus far.
When you're calling people with different believes from your own immature, I think that's beyond explaining the rules of the forum.
Goddess of Judecca is offline  
post #33 of 59 Old 10-07-2009, 07:32 PM Thread Starter
Yearling
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Washington
Posts: 872
• Horses: 3
Very well put Spyder! I agree with you 100%. Would you mind telling me what forum you were talking about? Im pretty sure I already know what forum it is, but I would like to know for sure so I can aviod it, haha. As you may be able to tell, I dont like people talking crap about my horse when it's out of context.

You can never take a Thoroughbred away from a horse crazy girl.
eventerwannabe is offline  
post #34 of 59 Old 10-07-2009, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
Yearling
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Washington
Posts: 872
• Horses: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddess of Judecca View Post
However, people should realise that things like that will happen, and there's no need to take it to heart. Also, there's no need to make it into a huge drama worthy of becoming its own soap opera. I've been in many arguments where I've said things others thought were rude and unnecessary (not horse-related, but whatever), and they've just become crazy! Usually I'll then just be like, "Okay, y'all are taking this too far. I think it's time we be done. Bye." 'Cause there's no point in making it into such a big thing.
Well, like a lot of us have been saying, that is your opinion on it. I am very light hearted about insults, as long as they aren't on my horse. Someone insults me, alright, no big deal, oh well. If someone insults my horse at random, for no apparent reason, I do not agree with it.

I started this thread to shine light on this issue (and it is an issue in my eyes). People do have freedom of speach, but that doesnt mean that they have to abuse that right and be rude. I find that someone can speak their mind, but they should do it in a kindly manner, as someone said above.

You can never take a Thoroughbred away from a horse crazy girl.
eventerwannabe is offline  
post #35 of 59 Old 10-07-2009, 07:46 PM
Started
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,652
• Horses: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddess of Judecca View Post
When you're calling people with different believes from your own immature, I think that's beyond explaining the rules of the forum.
You stated yourself that there is a difference between being honest and maltreating another - which I completely agree with. Honesty is called for. Rudeness is childish. My statement was that it is immature to call someone's horse "sucky" or "ugly."

You may have your own beliefs, but choosing to call-names is something that children do.

I never once stated that your choice of belief is childish. I said that being unnecessarily rude is immature.

Think, believe, feel, say to yourself whatever you choose. To another's face? Please. Spend your time doing something constructive. You said yourself you'd never tell a friend to their face that they were ugly. This is the same game.

I am essentially agreeing with you. We both agree that there is no need for name-calling. I am a truthful and honest person - somewhat like yourself on some levels. Need we argue with one another over a point on which we essentially agree?
LeahKathleen is offline  
post #36 of 59 Old 10-07-2009, 07:47 PM
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 31
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by eventerwannabe View Post
Well, like a lot of us have been saying, that is your opinion on it. I am very light hearted about insults, as long as they aren't on my horse. Someone insults me, alright, no big deal, oh well. If someone insults my horse at random, for no apparent reason, I do not agree with it.

I started this thread to shine light on this issue (and it is an issue in my eyes). People do have freedom of speach, but that doesnt mean that they have to abuse that right and be rude. I find that someone can speak their mind, but they should do it in a kindly manner, as someone said above.
Out of curiosity, why does it matter so much it someone insults your horse? Why be so defensive? Are you afraid it's true? I would assume not, so what's the big deal? You may not think they need to say it, but it seems the issue is more that they think it, not that they say it.
Goddess of Judecca is offline  
post #37 of 59 Old 10-07-2009, 07:48 PM
Trained
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Missoula, MT
Posts: 6,594
• Horses: 1
An honest opinion is fine if it is done tactfully. You can say the exact same thing one way and be fine, and another way it be considered rude. Everyone should just have common courtesy.
In that same regard though, I find saying something behind a persons back in order to not hurt their feelings worse than just saying it to their face.
Spastic_Dove is offline  
post #38 of 59 Old 10-07-2009, 07:50 PM
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 31
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeahKathleen View Post
You stated yourself that there is a difference between being honest and maltreating another - which I completely agree with. Honesty is called for. Rudeness is childish. My statement was that it is immature to call someone's horse "sucky" or "ugly."

You may have your own beliefs, but choosing to call-names is something that children do.

I never once stated that your choice of belief is childish. I said that being unnecessarily rude is immature.

Think, believe, feel, say to yourself whatever you choose. To another's face? Please. Spend your time doing something constructive. You said yourself you'd never tell a friend to their face that they were ugly. This is the same game.

I am essentially agreeing with you. We both agree that there is no need for name-calling. I am a truthful and honest person - somewhat like yourself on some levels. Need we argue with one another over a point on which we essentially agree?
I believe in respect only to those who deserve it. I will not show respect to someone I do not believe deserves it. Does that mean I may be "unnecessarily" rude? Sure. Why? Because that is my belief.

Also, the reason I wouldn't say that to a friend is because it would hurt their feelings. If I tell a horse they're ugly, they won't be hurt. If I tell an owner their horse is ugly, they have no reason to be hurt because they shouldn't care about the attractiveness of their horse anyway.
Goddess of Judecca is offline  
post #39 of 59 Old 10-07-2009, 07:50 PM
Started
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,652
• Horses: 5
One cannot control what is thought, but one can control what is said.

I don't care of someone thinks my horse is fugly. I DO care if someone goes out of their way to let me know that they just don't think my horse is worth riding, when I never asked for their opinion.
LeahKathleen is offline  
post #40 of 59 Old 10-07-2009, 07:52 PM
Started
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,652
• Horses: 5
So someone whose horse is not your favorite has not earned your respect?

I find that absurd, but I suppose if you're going to justify that with beliefs, then we ought to just call the discussion off. Anything said can be justified in that way, and there would be no purpose to the Etiquette policy.
LeahKathleen is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HATE peoples ignorance just because hes "free"....RANT AlmagroN Horse Health 32 09-07-2009 06:49 PM
4 Horses for sale --- ALSO, buying horses within 100 miles girl_on_black_pony Horses for Sale 3 09-20-2008 08:42 PM
calling all brisbane peoples jazzyrider Horse Health 7 01-08-2008 03:08 AM
Here are some peoples signatures!!! * Dusky Cowgirl * Horse Pictures 6 03-05-2007 03:02 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome