Gosh, I love Haflingers. I looked at one before I bought my mare, great all rounders from what I have seen. I plan on owning one someday.
Did you sign a contract for the original 6-month free lease? If so, I would assume it states the contract would not be up until February 1st 2014, therefor you do have until that date to get PPE and purchase the horse. If she isn't responding I wouldn't worry too much about it. It sounds like she is fairly busy, considering she never met you or even watched you ride the horse before starting the lease (if I were her, personally, I would have MADE time). Go with your gut though, if she seems legit then good, wait it out.
Bottom line, don't stress over it, if she wants him sold THAT badly she will make the time for you to sign papers and transfer funds.