Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Saskatchewan Canada
Price of Horse
I am not sure where to put this, so if this is the wrong place, feel free to move it to a more suitable spot.
I was thinking about what I bought Promise for, and if it was a fair price, and what I could get for her in the future if I decide to list her for sale.
Promise when I bought her:
- Bought her for $1200
- 3 year old
- basically untouched
- not halter broke, but had a halter on as a weanling, then left until I came
- very shy of people and would not let people touch her
- Registered QH mare off cutting, cowhorse bloodlines
What she is now:
- coming 4 year old
- still unstarted, but will be started in spring
- halter broke, leads, ties, loads in the trailer, good with her feet
- has had the saddle on her
- most groundwork done, still working a few kinks out
- is still a little shy of new things, but loves people and great with kids
- is very curious and tries her hardest at everything
- easy to catch in pasture
- 15hh, still growing a little bit and filling out more
What she will hopefully be like if listed for sale:
- started undersaddle
- all groundwork done
- is good and willing to walk, trot and canter undersaddle, sidepass, back up, move off leg pressure, start of collection.
- good for anyone with knowledge of riding to ride her.
- what is listed above.
So what are peoples opinions on what I can get for her now, and what I would be able to get for her if when I am ready to sell her. Also opinions on if I paid for her fairly or if she was worth less or more at the time I bought her.
I like buying and selling horses, and I don't want to stop that yet, so, unless I fall madly in love with her once I start riding her, she will be listed for sale so I can buy another resale project. Promise, in time, will make a great kids horse, based on how she is with kids on the ground and just her overall personality and train-ability.