:( Support Needed! And hugs - The Horse Forum
 15Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 Old 01-06-2012, 02:56 PM Thread Starter
Showing
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Missouri
Posts: 17,077
• Horses: 1
:( Support Needed! And hugs

So I had someone pretty awesome lined up to lease Sky.. then she gave me a few red flags and I've had to cancel the lease before it even began.

I only have 2 months to find someone to lease my horse before I leave for New Zealand for a long time :/ basically until further notice.

I need support. I'm really heart broken.. what happened to all the good ol dependable honest trustworthy people?

Skyseternalangel is offline  
post #2 of 23 Old 01-06-2012, 03:00 PM
Trained
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Surrey BC
Posts: 6,719
• Horses: 0
I do not know if you are a Christian
but I am and i will pray that you find the right place fpr your beloved
horse

Country Woman

Country Woman is offline  
post #3 of 23 Old 01-06-2012, 03:00 PM
Started
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,946
• Horses: 0
I hope you find someone quick! :( Did you advertise everywhere? Like every tack shop, every website that has listings? Ask your trainer to tell everyone she knows so if someone knows someone who;s looking for a horse, they'll come to you.

*Hugs* I really do hope you find someone trustworthy to take care of your boy! :(
Klassic Superstar likes this.

A ride a day keeps the worries away!
Hidalgo13 is offline  
post #4 of 23 Old 01-06-2012, 03:10 PM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Waxhaw, NC
Posts: 1,364
• Horses: 2
Depending on how "broke" your horse is, you could look for a lesson program and/or disabled riding program. They are always looking for good reliable horses. You may not get money in your pocket each month, but odds are they'll take good care of your horse. Just a suggestion. When I thought I couldnt afford my two (a thought that often crosses my mind) I always say I'd rather donate one to a great cause than to sell them and wonder how they're being cared for.
LetAGrlShowU is offline  
post #5 of 23 Old 01-06-2012, 03:27 PM Thread Starter
Showing
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Missouri
Posts: 17,077
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Woman View Post
I do not know if you are a Christian
but I am and i will pray that you find the right place fpr your beloved
horse
Thank you so much <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidalgo13 View Post
I hope you find someone quick! :( Did you advertise everywhere? Like every tack shop, every website that has listings? Ask your trainer to tell everyone she knows so if someone knows someone who;s looking for a horse, they'll come to you.

*Hugs* I really do hope you find someone trustworthy to take care of your boy! :(
I've got an ad on his stall door, ads on craigslist, on a lot of horse websites. I should go to the local tack store and put an ad there. That's a brilliant idea! I've never been (I order stuff online cause I live in an apartment.)

Thank you!

I hope I do too... :/ I wish I could take him with but even if I raised 16k, I eventually want to come back so that's another 16k.. not feasible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetAGrlShowU View Post
Depending on how "broke" your horse is, you could look for a lesson program and/or disabled riding program. They are always looking for good reliable horses. You may not get money in your pocket each month, but odds are they'll take good care of your horse. Just a suggestion. When I thought I couldnt afford my two (a thought that often crosses my mind) I always say I'd rather donate one to a great cause than to sell them and wonder how they're being cared for.
Yeah I've talked that over with my trainer and my boarders and I've thought it over and it just.. it wouldn't be fair to him. It took him so long to warm up to people in general and he's not ready for beginners nor for any other greenies (I am a beginner so lol) trying to get him to canter and pulling on his face and whatnot. It'd be nice if he was in a ground work program.. he'd get exercise and teach people how to work on the ground. Maybe I can look into that..

thanks :)
Skyseternalangel is offline  
post #6 of 23 Old 01-06-2012, 04:34 PM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Blowy Hills of the Pacific NW
Posts: 1,321
• Horses: 1
Oh gosh, I'm sorry! Did you post on sites like dream horse dot com? I've been seeing a few leases on there recently. I'm a big believer that what is meant to be will be...the right lease option will find you!!

My journal of my re-entry back to the horse world http://shelooksgoodonahorse.blogspot.com/
With Grace is offline  
post #7 of 23 Old 01-06-2012, 05:03 PM Thread Starter
Showing
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Missouri
Posts: 17,077
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by With Grace View Post
Oh gosh, I'm sorry! Did you post on sites like dream horse dot com? I've been seeing a few leases on there recently. I'm a big believer that what is meant to be will be...the right lease option will find you!!
I am a huge believer in that too.. and yes I have! dream horse, horse classifieds, craigslist, virginiaequestrian (need to update that one..) a few others that I've lost track of. But yeah I try to keep it updated and correct and honest. I've had nibbles but no bites.

Thank you though, :) I'm feeling a lot better
Skyseternalangel is offline  
post #8 of 23 Old 01-06-2012, 05:04 PM
Foal
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 114
• Horses: 0
Hey, NZ is my homecountry! Where are you going and what are you going to be doing? (send Sky up here and he can hang out with our Sky!)
princess warrior is offline  
post #9 of 23 Old 01-06-2012, 05:14 PM
Trained
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Germany- but not German =D
Posts: 5,155
• Horses: 2
Everything happens for a reason! Advertise him more and more and more, speak to your farrier, vet.. anyone.. word of mouth!!

Good luck xxxxx
DuffyDuck is offline  
post #10 of 23 Old 01-06-2012, 05:18 PM Thread Starter
Showing
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Missouri
Posts: 17,077
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by princess warrior View Post
Hey, NZ is my homecountry! Where are you going and what are you going to be doing? (send Sky up here and he can hang out with our Sky!)
Oh I wish! Wellington, NZ! :) You can bet your bottom dollar I will be riding up there.. I've heard it's gorgeous. I wish I could send Sky there.. he'd LOVE it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffyDuck View Post
Everything happens for a reason! Advertise him more and more and more, speak to your farrier, vet.. anyone.. word of mouth!!

Good luck xxxxx
Thank you!!! And yes, very very very true. I even had a talk with the hay man about Sky and he said he'd ask around too. He just deserves a great person while I'm away. I hope to find that person soon though. I'd even be willing to teach someone if they were new at it, as long as they had their heart in it and Sky liked them.
DuffyDuck likes this.
Skyseternalangel is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dealing with pneumonia, advice and support much needed Klassic Superstar Horse Health 31 12-16-2011 02:42 AM
horsey support needed Equine Imaging Horse Pictures 0 04-11-2010 02:40 PM
Yay!*hugs horse* TheRoughrider21 English Riding 4 11-23-2009 08:25 PM
SUPPORT NEEDED:Blamed for horse almost dieing. travlingypsy Horse Talk 26 04-20-2009 06:28 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome