TAKE THAT PETA! HAHAHAH (caution, some language not exactly PG) - Page 15 - The Horse Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #141 of 156 Old 10-27-2010, 01:29 PM
Green Broke
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,580
• Horses: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten_Val View Post
Nasty people are everywhere. I went to some law forums in past.... It's just OMG! (and trolls are not even banned on most of those)
Well I guess you would have to be brave to ban a lawyer from anything, you would just be begging for some ridiculous discrimination lawsuit no doubt!

All horses deserve, at least once in their lives, to be loved by a little girl.
sarahver is offline  
post #142 of 156 Old 10-27-2010, 02:36 PM
Showing
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: MD
Posts: 23,909
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahver View Post
Well I guess you would have to be brave to ban a lawyer from anything, you would just be begging for some ridiculous discrimination lawsuit no doubt!
The problem is 99.99% people there are not lawyers, and the remaining .01% claim they are lawyers but I highly doubt it. Most come and ask questions and people answer from own experience or knowledge. Unfortunately too often the wrong answer on law forum can break someone's life (and I've seen that happened there). Very sad in fact. I'd say it's true on any forum (including this one), but in some situations it's just not very smart (if I put it politely) to ask advices on forum (instead of paying $$ and asking professional). Well... I'm ranting now I guess...



kitten_Val is offline  
post #143 of 156 Old 10-27-2010, 02:38 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: In a land far far away, or so I wish.
Posts: 12,825
• Horses: 0
They do not put a disclaimer in like I do?
Alwaysbehind is offline  
post #144 of 156 Old 10-27-2010, 02:40 PM
Green Broke
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,580
• Horses: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten_Val View Post
Very sad in fact. I'd say it's true on any forum (including this one), but in some situations it's just not very smart (if I put it politely) to ask advices on forum (instead of paying $$ and asking professional). Well... I'm ranting now I guess...
Huh? What do you mean? You can't learn how to break in a horse purely from forum advice??? Or completely re-train a horse with behavioural issues when it is your first experience in the equine world, simply by starting a thread? You crazy.

All horses deserve, at least once in their lives, to be loved by a little girl.
sarahver is offline  
post #145 of 156 Old 10-27-2010, 02:57 PM
Showing
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Just south of sanity
Posts: 16,508
• Horses: 3
Pshaw, kitten! Why call the vet for a wound that's spurting blood and you can see bone? The people on here are always all sorts of helpful about situations like that, so why waste money on doing something silly like calling the vet?

Of course you can train a horse by lurve, internet advice, and osmosis! Those of you who need an actual trainer are just thickheaded lunks who don't understand the magickal bond between a horse and its person!

Piffle on learning to ride with an instructor, too. REAL riders don't need no dang instructor. Just because their horses are hollow backed, avoiding the bit, and have no brakes or steering doesn't mean anything! Just a little more lurve and Vulcan mind melding, and everything will be sunshine, lollipops and rainbows!

Anybody who doesn't believe that is just a meanie doody poopy head who can't possibly love their animals!
Speed Racer is offline  
post #146 of 156 Old 10-27-2010, 03:19 PM
Green Broke
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Maine
Posts: 4,071
• Horses: 2
SR, I feel sad for you. Obviously you haven't watched the Black Stallion! That fiery stallion and boy didn't need no trainer or instructor! They just needed to be abandoned on an island! That's all anyone needs.

When's the next ferry to an abandoned island?

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says, "Oh crap, she's up!".
Walkamile is offline  
post #147 of 156 Old 10-27-2010, 03:40 PM
Green Broke
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,580
• Horses: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Racer View Post
Of course you can train a horse by lurve, internet advice, and osmosis! Those of you who need an actual trainer are just thickheaded lunks who don't understand the magickal bond between a horse and its person!

Piffle on learning to ride with an instructor, too. REAL riders don't need no dang instructor. Just because their horses are hollow backed, avoiding the bit, and have no brakes or steering doesn't mean anything! Just a little more lurve and Vulcan mind melding, and everything will be sunshine, lollipops and rainbows!

Anybody who doesn't believe that is just a meanie doody poopy head who can't possibly love their animals!
Well this notion seems to have amassed a fortune for Parelli, and He is all knowing and powerful.

All horses deserve, at least once in their lives, to be loved by a little girl.
sarahver is offline  
post #148 of 156 Old 10-27-2010, 03:55 PM
Showing
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: MD
Posts: 23,909
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwaysbehind View Post
They do not put a disclaimer in like I do?
Of course not (most of them)! And that's drove me crazy, because sometime the advice given was incorrect, you gave official reference, and the person still pretended he/she can't read. Sigh.... Again, I have no problems with stupid advices or even trolling, often it's very funny in fact, but when 2 months later the OP comes back to the forum screaming he/she's in BIG troubles, what can you say......



kitten_Val is offline  
post #149 of 156 Old 10-27-2010, 03:58 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: In a land far far away, or so I wish.
Posts: 12,825
• Horses: 0
I admit it, I never even thought that such a thing as a 'legal' forum existed.

To me the whole idea sounds nothing short of dangerous.

If you want real legal advice for a real situation you have to contact a real person who is in the legal field and get the scoop from them.
Alwaysbehind is offline  
post #150 of 156 Old 10-27-2010, 03:59 PM
Showing
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Just south of sanity
Posts: 16,508
• Horses: 3
Kitten, if they were too stupid and cheap to hire an actual attorney as opposed to listening to a bunch of random people on the the interwebz, then I don't really feel sorry for them.

Stupid should hurt. Financially, emotionally, and physically. If it did, maybe more people would actually try and educate themselves instead of expecting a quick, easy, free fix.
Speed Racer is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
those crazy peta people... chika1235 General Off Topic Discussion 55 10-31-2010 07:11 AM
PETA (controversy) manhirwen Horse Protection 253 11-03-2009 07:12 PM
PETA has outdone themselves Sissimut-icehestar General Off Topic Discussion 10 11-18-2008 11:53 AM
opinions on peta Snapple122 General Off Topic Discussion 15 08-11-2008 09:48 AM
Fire Caution!!! Please Help!!! CaSpEr Barn Maintenance 0 07-24-2008 11:09 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome