Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Long Island, NY
• Horses: 0
Your opinion on buying this horse
First time buying a horse, would like to hear some opinions... It's a unique situation.
I'm going to purchase a horse I love in New York and then my fiance and I are moving to Las Vegas in ~6 months and transporting her.
The owner offered to sell the horse now for 6k and I can board her at their barn for $400 (half price) while keeping her in the schooling program (2-3 times a week she'd be ridden). And I would ride 3-4 times a week. Mind you I love this barn and have been riding here since I was 5 yrs old.
My fiance seems to think since they are willing to wait until the 6 months when we leave for us to buy the horse, then they should let me lease her for $400/mo. until we are ready to buy her at a specified and agreed upon date in 6 months.
I'm happy buying her now and paying the $400 and riding her until we have to ship her to Vegas, but he thinks we should try to negotiate to pay the $400 a month now and buy her later when we are closer to moving.
Is there really a difference? Any opinions or questions or thoughts to consider?