Rode Ana Friday and Sunday. By Friday the new girth had arrived so I was eager to give it a try. Ana wasn't feeling this whole riding thing:
But after a couple of circles she finally relaxed:
And she did a lovely canter down the longside and a nice TOF in both directions:
Then I had the bright idea to hose her off in the wash stall; she was not having any of it. So I tied her to the gate and dragged the hose out of the wash stall to hose her off outside and she pulled on the lead rope so hard that the gate dislodged from the concrete blocks. So I told her to whoa which she did so that I could free her and walked her back to her stall.
I don't know what to do with her sometimes; she can be so stubborn! Chunks of fur keep falling off her face because I haven't been able to rinse her face off after every ride like I used to be able to do at the other barn. Granted, this wash stall is a little more scary but I didn't anticipate this much push back from her.
I'm gonna need to do some serious ground work with her to break her of this stubborn streak; otherwise her face will be completely bald by the end of the summer.
Saturday, I had to cancel my ride on Dante in the party lesson because I had to take one of my dogs to the vet; he's fine, just a badly infected paw.
By Sunday, the new bit had arrived as well so I was eager to try it out. I had a really nice ride on her:
She does appear to like this bit better as she wasn't quite a fussy with it. I decided to end with some lateral work and when she reached the long side, she didn't pick up her left hind toe high enough and it folded over under her; it looked terrible on film. I hope that doesn't cause any long-term damage; she continued on without any signs of lameness.
I decided to take some pictures after our ride but Ana decided she wasn't in to the whole model thing and proceeded to just walk off:
So yeah, we need to do some groundwork asap.