Thanks ladies. I had a lovely, long weekend.
Friday, we tried out her new leg gear:
Since this is new to her I lunged her first to make sure she wouldn't freak out on me:
Then I took the Dressage boots off and rode her with just the bellboots - the dressage boots are only for pole work.
She was a bit sucked back but we did have some good moments:
Saturday I rode the BO's Hanno Dante in the party lesson. He was a good boy.
Then I rode Ana by myself in the afternoon:
Sunday I came to the barn and found this:
It's not as bad as last time so I decided to ride her very lightly and carefully and notified BO.
We had a productive ride:
Then I had my weekly online meeting with Natasha from Dressage Mastery Academy. She assured me that I'm on the right path; I had asked about spending quite a bit of time putting Ana together each ride before we can do any real work and if that's normal, if the horse gets easier to put together or if the rider just gets better at putting horses together. She replied that the rider gets better/faster. She said she rode her GP horse Abe the other day and that he was like a cement block when she first got on him; I guess most horses don't ever offer throughness on their own; it's something that the rider has to constantly work on. I also wonder if it's just the type of horse we both ride; the carriage horse type with the high neck set and tight backs.
I conversed with BO later and she suggested that I keep bell boots on her all the time now because this latest shoe problem must have happened during turnout as I check her shoes before and after each ride.
So yesterday I drove to the barn to put bell boots on her. She was happy to see me but was not interested in sharing me with her turnout buddy:
"Back off, buddy; that's my human!"
The farrier is coming tomorrow to fix her shoe again. It's raining today so I'm going to skip the barn until tomorrow evening. I'm sure Ana won't mind having 2 days off from work.