heartland complaint - The Horse Forum
 39Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 03-08-2018, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 25,086
• Horses: 7
heartland complaint

Let me start by saying it's one of my favorite shows but TODAY... I'm in a poopie mood as it is. Everyone at work irritated me badly today. No one did anything wrong but I hated them all! This chick posted something on facebook today and there was NOTHING wrong with the post but it made me mad!

SO TODAY...

My mom called yelling at me because she had stopped by to clean stalls and the horses had found a way to get into the pasture together when I usually have them split 3 in one, 2 in one, and 1 in another paddock but they were all together and Riley was loose. She's terrified of Ri as it is so she put him in a dirty stall and left him there. Then she cleaned the other 5 stalls and called me to scream and yell and grumble blah.

So I called husband and (I know what does this have to do with heartland - getting there) he was all like, oh... we'll talk about the fences tonight. No. We will fix the fences tonight. We'll talk about it. OMIGOSH.... So of course... I come home and I start fixing the fences... well... so the pasture has a spot that is loose enough for them to walk through should they choose. I live in the middle of nowhere so they don't leave the property when they get loose but they do get into things. So anyway. Blue Beauty and Riley know where the secret escape hole is. (Pistol, by the way, was in his paddock like a good boy). Cloud and Sierra don't escape because they are good children

Now... I know - getting to heartland - I get home and I go down to fix the fence BY MYSELF (husband wasn't home yet). Me and my John Deere put the horses away and fed then went to fix the fence. Pistol was out of water in his trough so I filled it. There is a spot between the paddocks where baby horse had knocked the fence boards down so I had put the 2 100 gallon water troughs in that spot which work perfectly as a barrier, well I saw the that one of the troughs was empty and the horses had moved it which is how they had gotten loose.

Um, the third trough was also empty. I am a terrible horse owner. I completely let them go dry! I put them back in place and filled them all and then I fixed the loose place on the fence that I should have fixed a month ago. This is where my heartland complaint comes in. I'm fixing the fence, alone and I think of that show and how Tim fixes fence... Caleb fixes fence.... Jack... all guys fix the fence. I never see Amy or Lou fixing fence. The girls never fix fence! And the few occasions that they do fix something that's broken, it's this huge ordeal that takes up the entire episode! What the heck!

Ok... that was it ... rant over... LOL

OH and husband did show up with the rhino and some tools to finish up with me. He even put a new board up where the water troughs go.

"Be a best friend, tell the truth, and overuse I love you
Go to work, do your best, don't outsmart your common sense
Never let your prayin knees get lazy
And love like crazy"
farmpony84 is offline  
post #2 of 16 Old 03-08-2018, 08:36 PM
Started
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Alberta, Canada, North America, The World!
Posts: 1,949
• Horses: 4
Oh, I don't envy you much. And I have to agree with your Heartland rant

Hold on to what makes you happy! If it tries to buck you off, just hold on even tighter!
JoBlueQuarter is offline  
post #3 of 16 Old 03-08-2018, 09:26 PM
Started
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: NW Connecticut
Posts: 2,293
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmpony84 View Post
And the few occasions that they do fix something that's broken, it's this huge ordeal
So - just like in real life then!

mmshiro is online now  
post #4 of 16 Old 03-08-2018, 10:10 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 25,086
• Horses: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmshiro View Post
So - just like in real life then!

How rude!

"Be a best friend, tell the truth, and overuse I love you
Go to work, do your best, don't outsmart your common sense
Never let your prayin knees get lazy
And love like crazy"
farmpony84 is offline  
post #5 of 16 Old 03-08-2018, 10:52 PM
Started
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Alberta, Canada, North America, The World!
Posts: 1,949
• Horses: 4
@mmshiro - You hit the nail right on the head!!
mmshiro and MarkyBanjo like this.

Hold on to what makes you happy! If it tries to buck you off, just hold on even tighter!
JoBlueQuarter is offline  
post #6 of 16 Old 03-09-2018, 02:59 AM
Yearling
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,126
• Horses: 0
The other day I was trying to clear the snow off our pathways while my husband went off to gym. GYM!
The irony...
Horsef is offline  
post #7 of 16 Old 03-09-2018, 08:13 AM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Brittany, FR
Posts: 726
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmshiro View Post
So - just like in real life then!

Come on. I grunt like a man and get things done - I might still keep growling while doing it, but it gets done!

Sincerely,
Been there fixing fences, carrying posts and digging holes with post hole digger in +30 degrees.
Fimargue is offline  
post #8 of 16 Old 03-11-2018, 11:14 PM
Showing
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 13,216
• Horses: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmpony84 View Post
Let me start by saying it's one of my favorite shows but TODAY... I'm in a poopie mood as it is. Everyone at work irritated me badly today. No one did anything wrong but I hated them all! This chick posted something on facebook today and there was NOTHING wrong with the post but it made me mad!

SO TODAY...

My mom called yelling at me because she had stopped by to clean stalls and the horses had found a way to get into the pasture together when I usually have them split 3 in one, 2 in one, and 1 in another paddock but they were all together and Riley was loose. She's terrified of Ri as it is so she put him in a dirty stall and left him there. Then she cleaned the other 5 stalls and called me to scream and yell and grumble blah.

So I called husband and (I know what does this have to do with heartland - getting there) he was all like, oh... we'll talk about the fences tonight. No. We will fix the fences tonight. We'll talk about it. OMIGOSH.... So of course... I come home and I start fixing the fences... well... so the pasture has a spot that is loose enough for them to walk through should they choose. I live in the middle of nowhere so they don't leave the property when they get loose but they do get into things. So anyway. Blue Beauty and Riley know where the secret escape hole is. (Pistol, by the way, was in his paddock like a good boy). Cloud and Sierra don't escape because they are good children

Now... I know - getting to heartland - I get home and I go down to fix the fence BY MYSELF (husband wasn't home yet). Me and my John Deere put the horses away and fed then went to fix the fence. Pistol was out of water in his trough so I filled it. There is a spot between the paddocks where baby horse had knocked the fence boards down so I had put the 2 100 gallon water troughs in that spot which work perfectly as a barrier, well I saw the that one of the troughs was empty and the horses had moved it which is how they had gotten loose.

Um, the third trough was also empty. I am a terrible horse owner. I completely let them go dry! I put them back in place and filled them all and then I fixed the loose place on the fence that I should have fixed a month ago. This is where my heartland complaint comes in. I'm fixing the fence, alone and I think of that show and how Tim fixes fence... Caleb fixes fence.... Jack... all guys fix the fence. I never see Amy or Lou fixing fence. The girls never fix fence! And the few occasions that they do fix something that's broken, it's this huge ordeal that takes up the entire episode! What the heck!

Ok... that was it ... rant over... LOL

OH and husband did show up with the rhino and some tools to finish up with me. He even put a new board up where the water troughs go.
...and you're lucky that you're not here where its -35 because that would add all sorts of fun to your fencing woes.
farmpony84 and JoBlueQuarter like this.
my2geldings is offline  
post #9 of 16 Old 03-11-2018, 11:22 PM
Started
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Alberta, Canada, North America, The World!
Posts: 1,949
• Horses: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2geldings View Post
...and you're lucky that you're not here where its -35 because that would add all sorts of fun to your fencing woes.
Exactly, but... Do you still have -35 down in Calgary?? The weather got so much better here, literally overnight, from, like, -20 to 0! :) Tomorrow I'm going skiing, so I'm really happy about the good weather!

Hold on to what makes you happy! If it tries to buck you off, just hold on even tighter!
JoBlueQuarter is offline  
post #10 of 16 Old 03-12-2018, 07:26 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 25,086
• Horses: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2geldings View Post
...and you're lucky that you're not here where its -35 because that would add all sorts of fun to your fencing woes.
I didn't even go into my frozen hose woe's! Actually, husband was helpful on that one. I run the hose from the house down to the barn because we have yet to run water or electricity. We thought we were all smart this year because we unhooked the hose and rolled it up inside the house. I was hauling warm water down from the house for the stalls (I use plastic cat litter containers...see... Recycling and all that). But to do the outside troughs we thought we'd just turn the water back on, hook up the hose and water the horses.... We did not factor in the fact that the water would freeze on it's way down the 800 feet of hose... SO... we had to fill trash cans in the back of the rhino, drive them down and tip them into the troughs. It was great fun, really it was...

and that brings me to the heartland episode where Jack got talked into buying an automatic waterer... and made the mistake of having Caleb help dig the ditch and do the install... hee hee... that was a good one.

"Be a best friend, tell the truth, and overuse I love you
Go to work, do your best, don't outsmart your common sense
Never let your prayin knees get lazy
And love like crazy"
farmpony84 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome