Tomorrow is the BIG day and, OMG, the butterflies in my stomach WILL. NOT. QUIT! Lol. I spoke with my vet today. SUCH a nice guy. His number was given to me by the board owner as he handles all of the horses at my barn. I told him about the old track sesamoid injury and the fence incident and he sounded positive. He is coming out on Monday to perform the PPE. Instead of doing x-rays, he suggested having the current owner have her vet burn his x-rays to cd's and send them over for him to evaluate, which she is more than happy to do. He even asked me to text him and let him know. He thinks that if everything checks out, Finn should remain sound as long as I don't plan on doing any jumping with him, which I have no interest in at my age and level of riding.
I also feel really fortunate to be working with a such straight forward an honest owner. She has been more than happy to provide everything I've asked of her, accommodate a 2 week trial, and even transport him for me tomorrow. On top of that, she's asking next to nothing for him. Her top concern over everything else seems to be matching him up properly and making sure he is going to a great home. This is really refreshing after another really bad near miss I went through with a shady seller.
And finally, I just couldn't resist. I bought him a new halter, lead, a small grooming kit, and some fly spray. I figured these are all things I can still use even if it doesn't work out.
I've waited SOOO long for this that the whole thing is almost overwhelming. I know I'm not going to get any sleep tonight and will be up before the sun!