inquiring about a horse for sale
so i am currently searching for my first horse and have found a few i really like that i would be interested in knowing more information about or even going to look at. the ones i am very interested in i have found on facebook, so they just say to private message them for more info. so i have just a few questions what i should be saying when i inquire about a horse for sale.
1. what i have been saying when i first private message them is basically:
"hi i was on the facebook page _____ and saw your horse _____ for sale. i was interested in him/her and was wondering if he/she is still available. if so, could i please have some more information? i also have a few questions. if you could please message me back when you have the time, that would be great. thanks".
- any way i word this i feel like it sounds weird. i just dont know what all i should be saying in the first message. like should i say all my questions and for photos/videos right away? should i tell them my riding abilities and what i want the horse to be able to do? do people even want me to share that information with them? do i discuss price right away? but what if the horse isnt available? then whats the point of typing and them possibly reading this whole long message of info and questions if the horse is already sold?
2. when is it an appropriate time to ask some of the not so basic questions? like i typically ask about height, color, breed, age, bad habits, vices, and for pics and videos right away. but when is it okay to start asking more about like personality and if its a mare, if shes marish? if its good in a stall, in an indoor, been to shows, ect. i dont want to be too forward, but i also want to know a descent amount about the horse before i even tell my trainer about him/her. and especially know all these things before i visit the horse.
3. do you ask about like tack, suppliments, sizes, ect. before you even meet the horse?
4. how long should i be talking to the owner about the horse before i go visit him/her? and what all should i know about the horse?
if someone could kinda just give me a little outline, or tell me something i should be doing or doing differently, that would be awesome. please feel free to share some questions i should be asking the owner as well. thanks!