this seems so very hard. I would like you to know that I have refused working livery and gone for merely full livery. I will only get to see Katie 3-4 times a week. I won't always be riding her when I do visit and some of it will be going for walks or just chilling out in the school getting to know one another to begin with. I don't even have any tack for her yet lol.
Katie will be moved to her new home hopefully this coming Tuesday.
So far I've been told I'm a nutcase and have bought:
- head collar + leadrope
- 5 rugs. (is this normal? :S) fleece rug, 200g turnout, 300g turnout, 200g stable x2. They all have necks as she's currently fully clipped from her hard life as a Hunter! I also bought a 200g standard turnout for when everything grows back.
- 6" fulmer french link snaffle as that is what the trainer rode her in and is apparently a more forgiving bit to begin with and full bridle + reins
- grooming kit essentials etc
Need to still sort:
- saddler visit
- farrier visit
- vaccinations (the vet said she needed a chance to settle as she was likely immunocompromised due to stress)
- vet registration with livery
It's been a very expensive week let's just say that.