What to ask new Riding Stables?
I'm going to tour three or four different riding stables in January in order to find out which is best for me. I am very serious about it because I am a committed type of person who likes to stay at one barn and get to know everyone and feel comfortable there and know I'm welcomed as well as getting nicely trained on horses. I wanted to know what questions I should be asking each barn in order to compare them to each other and decide which is right for me.
I also will be taking boarding prices into consideration and need to ask questions about that because I do want to try leasing a horse or owning my own eventually.
Questions I want to ask so far:
1. How many acres do you have?
2. Do you have lesson packages and how much?
3. What kind of different boarding do you offer and how much?
4. How many indoor and outdoor arenas do you have?
5. What time does the barn open and close?
6. Do you have any trails on your property for riders and horses or anything of the like?
7. Do you have regular farriers or vets that come out to the barn on certain days for boarders?
What else should I ask? Thanks!
"We are all connected. To each other biologically, to the earth chemically, and to the rest of the universe atomically." -Carl Sagan