The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grr!

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  dreamrideredc 
#1 ·
Hey everyone! I'm going through one of those teenage times where NOTHING goes right! Well, first of all, it won't stop RAINING! I can't get out to the barn to ride because its always downpouring! It seems like mother nature forgot to give us rain and now she is like "BAM have some water!" So I'm waiting for that to pass through. Second, I can not stand school! I have a ton of work, my teachers are horrible, and everything just seems ridiculous! Third, my mom blurted out "Do you think my daughters horse has jumping potential!" I was like WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?! My trainers response, "Of course, 2'6 and 2'9 but not 3'." I was so upset because one, we have jumped 3' with her and were spectacular (she means looking good wise) two, I'm always told that we look our best jumping bigger, and three I don't like to know this stuff! I know she wasn't trying to be mean, and by all means she is THE nicest and funnest trainer, but I got irritated. You can't really tell how high the horse can go without DOING it. I'm sure she was just guessing but like I said, you can't really know ahead of time. She told us that we'll work on getting him to use muscles to jump, get him to round his jump, bending, just tons of stuff. I have had my boy for going on four years but we never really properly trained this stuff even with my old "great" trainer. The trainer I have now is young, well informed and trained, and knows what she is doing so she will help us GREATLY! No matter even if me and my boy couldn't ever jump, I would not trade him for the world and she knows that as well. My sister (who also rides with me) told me that she will work with what we have and get us going. So what I'm thinking is not worry about this whole height thing because we have not gotten to this problem yet sooo...I guess don't worry about it :wink: Ever since we moved to this barn I have been 100% in the riding mood and have been working out, going to the barn tons (if only this rain would stop grrr :evil:) and I'm just happy :D Except for the whole stupid school thing! I always feel bad because if I'm in a bad mood my family pays and :cry: its not their fault! Ah well, the joys of being a teen lol! Please, just enouraging words and advice, nothing mean and discouraging!
Hugs if you got through my novel, and I mean it! I didn't expect it to be this long but I needed to vent! Thanks so much! =]

See less See more
#2 ·
Nobody? It's probably too long lol! I wouldn't want to read all of that. Anyways, I wanted to tell ya'll I'm feeling a lot better and I'm not worried anymore! YAY! Still, if you have comments and don't mind reading the novel I will still appreciate your advice! Thanks =]

#3 ·
i acherly read this. lol.

ermm does your horse need more musle and strenght to get over the jumps or does he/she need to just use them more/better?

your horse and trainer sounds nice, but i agree with you. school is so broing and irritating. I DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT TEACHERS GET OUT OF GIVING YOU HOMEWORK. THERE THE ONLY ONES THAT GOT TO MARK IT.

#4 ·
Dreamrideredc, I did read your entire post (wasn't that long :wink:) and the first thing that came to mind was, "one step at a time". Don't look too far ahead and in too many different directions. Not easy, but try anyway.

While I'm no longer a teenager, haven't been one for many years, I do remember the restlessness that comes with those years. Sounds like you have many plus's in your life, and glad you're doing better (frame of mind wise). That's what can be so frustrating during these teen years. One day can be so totally different emotionally from the next. Good luck to you and remember to enjoy the moment, it passes so fast! :wink:

#5 ·
Thanks so much guys! Jadeewood-I think he just needs more muscle, we're really working on conditioning work right now. I guess I just needed to vent because as soon as I wrote this post I felt better. I'm not really worrying about any of that now, it's too far away to tell right now. Thanks again guys, very sweet words. Congrats on finishing my novel! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.