The Horse Forum banner

Upload your sweet horses!!!!!!!!!

24K views 312 replies 103 participants last post by  Phantomstallion 
#1 ·
I know there are a lot of these threads going round but this one is special because I have learnt a new skill and want to practise it. The rules are post a picture of a horse that you know Very very well and by looking at his/her face I will try and tell you the horse's character please tell me truthfully wether I am right or wrong and what I had got wrong and right. I am counting on you to help me develope this skill.

Thanks with all my heart,

Phantomstallion.

P.S If you want to learn the skill read Amy's Journal from the Heartland series. It may be for kids but it's all true!!!!!! The author is Lauren Brooke.

#7 ·
Pretty good!
She is intelligent, a dominant mare, and responsive.

But I do have to say yes and no to the clear signals.
Maggie has some hormonal issues which can make her quite the B*tch around other horses, and she can get out of hand if she has somebody on her that doesn't know how to handle a horse like her. So when needed, I guess.

Anyway, I think I'll post another horse on her, once I find some pics.

#9 ·
Pretty close. He's smart (sometimes a little too smart for his own good), and a quick learner on both good and bad habits. He's very dominant with other animals but content to be the follower for humans. I'm not so sure about him being gentler though. He's pretty quick to react and can be very spooky when he decides that something is the boogeyman. Definitely not a good horse for a beginning or timid rider.

#12 ·
She is Dominant, and likes people. I would say Annie is kinder to other horses than Maggie, but Maggie loves people, so I would say they are about equal with people. All around Annie is a kinder horse.

But "Quite hard annie is."? I'm not sure I understand.

#20 ·
lol, I will say that the conchos on it are pretty cheap. I lost one on a trail ride while out in the mountians and had to use a zip tie to finish the ride. the leather and everything else on it is nice, and it wouldn't take much trouble to replace them with better quality conchos.

#85 ·
kitbb:

Honey:

Gentle, calm and intelligent.

(gosh these horses are clever)

And Sweet Pea:

Steady ride needing clear signals quite clever.
Pretty good on Honey, Calm would be an understatement, lol she needs lots of encouragement to get moving under saddle... Sweet Pea however, is very very sensitive, reactive and has a tendancy to mentally check out when stressed. She has been quite the challange to turn around (she was purchased from a family who used a vaquero style trainer who was quite agressive, to be polite.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.