The Horse Forum banner

Do you think this will reach a million replys?

17101 - 17120 of 17185 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have geometry after this! I like that class, the teacher is so nice and helpful and I actually feel comfortable talking to him and he doesn't make us do projects and present them. He did change how he grades us though. He picks one person at our table and grades their work and then everyone at that table gets that grade. So hopefully I never have someone at my table that doesn't do any work.

Reactions: JoBlueQuarter

·
Registered
168 Posts
My biology project is so weird too. I am so confused by this. Wouldn't that be like a wild dog or wolf or stray dogs? And I also love how dramatic that last question is :lol:

"Deep in the heart of Washington, a small mammal known as Procyon totemus was causing havoc in a small town. This little animal made lots of noise at night, urinated on everything in sight, and liked to steal the people's food. One evening, the people of the village went out and captured as many of these little animals as they could find. By the end of evening, over 150 of these animals were now captive.

Since Procyon totemus was actually quite cute, the villagers could not bring themselves to kill them. They decided to take the animals to several ecosystems scattered around Washington and drop them off. They delivered nearly 30 of these animals to each location.

Thousands of years have since passed. What ever became of Procyon totemus?"

·
Registered
168 Posts
Yeah, I think so. I have tutorial today to work on it with the teacher because I wasn't exactly sure. I think drawing that animal will be the hardest part actually. And it's due tomorrow, I haven't started it yet and I need to do all of this:

1. Conduct research about the ecosystem where your population of Procyon totemus is living. You can choose the ecosystem. You will need to research the following:
a. Climate - temperature, rainfall, weather patterns, seasonal variations
b. Terrain
c. Animals that live there. Identify any potential predators or prey.
d. Plants that live there. Identify any important plants and why those plants are important.
2. Once you have conducted this research, you will need to identify the selective pressures in that ecosystem and how Procyon totemus would have adapted to its environment.
3. You will then create a presentation that contains these REQUIRED elements:
a. Detailed information about its habitat with focus on the elements that were most influential in the evolution of this creature.
b. A specific explanation of how Procyon totemus changed over time in response to its environment.
c. Whether or not your species is now a separate or sub-species and the mechanisms that influenced this.
d. A visual representation of your new Procyon totemus
e. A works cited page/slide that shows where you got your information from
4. Presentation Formats - you will NOT be required to stand in front of the whole class to present. You will be presenting to one student in the class at a time. Your poster can be in a few different forms. Please choose one and circle your choice:
a. Poster
b. Infographic (you can use this site to create it: https://www.easel.ly/)
c. Comic strip (you can use this site to create it: https://www.pixton.com/)
d. Three-dimensional model with handout that includes the required elements.
e. PowerPoint
f. Other ideas? Please ask first!

I shouldn't have put it off for so long but oh well, what's done is done so might as well just try my best and move on :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Yeah, what would be amazing is if I could do a horse but sadly the ecosystem choices are bad places for a horse to live. That part kinda sucks.

·
Registered
168 Posts
So I went to tutorial like the teacher told me to and she wasn't in her room or the library so I left, I was like 15 minutes late so that might be why. But someone else said she went and she was in a different room on a different floor so I am honestly so confused about what I was supposed to do. So I missed tutorial, oh well.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Let's talk about the terrible mark I'm going to get on my midterm. I worked on assignments all day today, only to find out when I tried to send them in that it was too late *repeatedly bangs head against wall* On second thought lets not talk about it cause it's depressing and scares me...

·
Registered
168 Posts
awww :hug: you will be fine, talk to your teacher about that. You said you worked on it all day so they might like that effort and let you send it in.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Thanks :-( I did message my teacher and she's pretty chill so she's letting me send in a couple now. But I'm still gonna have a terrible mark, I always do :-(

·
Registered
168 Posts
awww at least she let you turn some of them in. And you might think you get terrible grades but if you do then you can do better. I need to be better too. You seem so smart, I know you can do it. :)

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Awww, thanks a lot :hug: At least these are just midterms; this next part of the semester I'll ask her for help more when I don't really get stuff

·
Registered
178 Posts
Saw we were talking about school... I'm taking a half online/half in-person class from my local community college at my high school. (Currently a senior in HS, getting college credit!!)

But our teacher (I guess she's a professor actually) has just been awful. She keeps not showing up to class, and while we have some of the information to learn what we need to learn to do the homework and quizzes, I don't learn well online. And I thought this was a mainly in-person class, which it's supposed to be, but I don't learn math well without having someone physically teaching me. And she never answers emails. It's a mess. When she comes to class, she's an okay teacher. Pretty average, there's nothing special about her, but she's also not horrible.

People are getting mad because she kept canceling class. I feel like when high school students are anything but happy about class being canceled, there's an issue. Part of it is because we still have to go to class and she gives us packets to do to be turned in next time we have class... but there's no teacher to help us with the work. The first time it happened we were completely unsupervised, and someone figured out how to project a movie onto the board and so they watched a movie. It was quite an interesting class period.

17101 - 17120 of 17185 Posts