The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this mare a few months ago, and shes finally shedded out and looking much nicer.

I was hoping for some feedback on her conformation.. what discipline you think she would excel in based on her build? I am hoping to do some competitive trail as well as barrel racing.

What breed would you guess she is off first look?

Sorry, she is standing on uneven ground, so appears a bit downhill.

Thank you 馃檪

Attachments

Banned
Lovely mare! What's her name?

I'm rubbish at conformation, haha. First thing that came to mind was a Quarter Horse or a Standardbred, but I feel like I'm way off. She does remind me of the chunky old QH gelding I ride, though. (Not insinuating she's chunky!)

Registered
She looks all or part Quarter Horse. Her face is a bit like a standardbred, or Tenn Walker. But, body type looks QH.

Very nicely put together mare who looks capable of doing anything you ask, assuming her personal temperament is a good match. mighty pretty horse.

Premium Member
Another one for 'nice'! She looks solid & well put together.

As for potential 'niggles', which all could be purely what she's standing on/stance/picture angle... She looks quite rump high, which could make saddle fit & balance tricky. She looks maybe slightly 'camped out' behind - which if she is, could indicate a pelvic prob. And she looks quite upright & 'broken forward' in the front feet, which will cause many probs if not corrected. Or it could be purely that she's standing in mud.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.