The Horse Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I adopted my gelding back in 2016 for $200. I trained him as a trail horse in 2018 and have been using him as such ever since. Sound sane and goes bitless everywhere I've taken him. In the mountains, on multi use trails with hikers and cyclists, along busy roads, into the ocean. He ground drives and will pony other horses, lots of liberty work, great ground manners. Only vice is he is a cribber, Very easy keeper and totally in your pocket/affectionate.

I just had his DNA run through PFHA and found out he was registered and has some nice horses in his pedigree (his sire is in the FCCPR Hall of Fame and a four-time Grand Champion.

I'm transferring him into my name ASAP. I have no interest in selling this horse, ever. But for insurance purposes, I'm curious as to what you would value him at? Thank you.
Font Rectangle Screenshot Parallel Software
Horse Wheel Tire Vehicle Working animal

Sky Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

Horse Sky Wheel Vehicle Tire

Horse Sky Eye Working animal Horse tack

Horse Plant Working animal Liver Sunlight

Super Moderator
He's worth what in your area a trail horse sells for who is a Paso.
Personally, I ride the animal not care about his papers....but papers do add value for many it seems.
Values vary in our vast nation but suffice it to say he is worth more than you paid for him.
馃惔....

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He's worth what in your area a trail horse sells for who is a Paso.
Personally, I ride the animal not care about his papers....but papers do add value for many it seems.
Values vary in our vast nation but suffice it to say he is worth more than you paid for him.
馃惔....
Thank you. The first thing I did was to try and find similar horses for sale near me, but found zero. Hopefully someone here can provide some idea.

Registered
He is super well bred! And very handsome too! I checked with Dreamhorse and registered Pasos of about his age are selling for $2,500 to $4,500 with a few $10,000 ones thrown in. I noticed a nice registered chestnut mare who they said was great on trails was for sale for $2,500 and got immediately snapped up. So, probably closer to $4,500 to $5,500--but that's just a guess.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what a handsome horse!!! he's just grand! how tall is he? I haven't a clue as to his value , just admiring.

what kind of saddle is that?
Thank you! I adore him. He is a little guy, 14.0 on the dot after a fresh trim. Average I suppose for a Paso.

My saddle is a Ghost. The model is a Ferrera Soft with raised pommel, it is extremely lightweight and treeless, by far my favorite saddle.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He is super well bred! And very handsome too! I checked with Dreamhorse and registered Pasos of about his age are selling for $2,500 to $4,500 with a few $10,000 ones thrown in. I noticed a nice registered chestnut mare who they said was great on trails was for sale for $2,500 and got immediately snapped up. So, probably closer to $4,500 to $5,500--but that's just a guess.
Thank you! I must have been searching wrong somehow, I was not getting any results.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts