The Horse Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
17" Australian saddle by Kimberly (Down Under Saddle Supply.) Two tone in color, all leather. The plate on the back says "The Kimberly Poley."

It's an older saddle; I believe it was made around 2005. It's set at what I believe to be medium tree. It's got a 6.5" gullet. The trees on Kimberly saddles are adjustable; send a wither tracing into the manufacturer with the saddle, and they'll adjust it to fit your horse. You can see about that here.

There is some wear on the top of the poleys. A D-ring is missing on the front, and there is a little wear from the stirrups, but overall, it is in excellent using condition. The billets have a wide range for adjustment, as do the stirrups, (I have always had really short legs and a really fat horse.)

There has been a lot of use on this saddle, but it's probably the most well-made saddle I've owned. It is the most comfortable as well, and it has many years of work left in it. I can send the girth along with it; it's pretty scraggly, but it will hold until you get a new one.

This saddle no longer fits me, and since I'm out of work and in college, I'm in need of some money.

Asking $300, but I'm willing to negotiate. I just really need to get this thing sold.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Oh, I wish. The last thing that I need is a 7th saddle in my possession though, especially since I only have one horse and never ride in three of the ones that I currently have... including one Australian that is far too large for me :p

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sooooo tempting!
That's how I felt when it was offered to me. It's a great little saddle! :p

Oh, I wish. The last thing that I need is a 7th saddle in my possession though, especially since I only have one horse and never ride in three of the ones that I currently have... including one Australian that is far too large for me :p
Oh, I know that feeling. I've got three using saddles and one "vintage" saddle sitting in my bedroom right now that I can't ride at the moment, this Australian being one of them. (It's too small for me, though.) But every time I come across an English saddle that would fit my mare, I'm always just a bit tempted. :lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts