The Horse Forum banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
6,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I'm lost! Is there room for me on the spaceship? What has 'aggies' got to do with Universities?

I am being to wonder if I should have bought a ticket on that space ship also.

Not totally confused yet, But I am getting there. :winetime:

·
Registered
6,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Is this like the East Coast version of an Aggie joke?
Caledonian
I'm lost! Is there room for me on the spaceship? What has 'aggies' got to do with Universities?
Today 03:12 PM

OK I traced the Aggie thing back to ACinATX. See I didn't start it. She/he started it first. I am innocent I tell you, Innocent.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
@RegalCharm - :rofl::rofl: I believe you!
Hey ... wait a minute...

Actually, yes, I started it. Looks like West Virginia jokes ARE the equivalent of Aggie jokes down here. An "Aggie" is a graduate or student at Texas A&M university. In jokes, they are the sort of country bumpkin that kind of thinks he's smart but never really quite understands what's going on. Here's another joke, this one equine related. For those not from this area, "OU" stands for "Oklahoma University."

Pete and Ed, Aggie brothers, go to the Payne County fair and see that the blue ribbon winner in the mule contest is being offered for sale. The seller points out that the mule has very long ears that stick up stiff and proud and tells them that it is a sign of a mule with strong bloodlines and is the reason it won that year's blue ribbon. The brothers decide that they must have the mule and purchase it.

When they get the mule back to the farm, they decide that such a valuable, prize-winning animal cannot be kept out in the elements and determine to keep him in the barn. They run into a problem though when the mule's ears stick up 7" higher than the top of the barn doorframe and they cannot get the ears to bend or lie to one side. The barn door is topped by a steel beam transom and cannot be raised. The brothers come up with numerous possible solutions, but each one invariably fails. Bewildered and frustrated, they begin to argue loudly.

A man driving by in a shiny crimson corvette convertible with white OU decals on the doors and an OU license plate hears the brothers yelling and pulls over to ask what they're arguing about. The brothers at first are leery about discussing anything with a "gooner," but eventually detail the problem.

The Sooner fan assesses the situation and immediately notes that the barn has a dirt floor and suggests that they simply dig out the area under the door. Problem solved, he returns to car and drives away. Ed, with a look of disgust on his face, turns to Pete and says "ain't that just like a stupid Sooner, it's his ears that's too long, not his legs."

·
Registered
15,433 Posts
There wasn’t but I traded in the first one for a bigger version, plenty of room for all.

But there are these piles of dust everywhere and an echo of a conversation echoing through the ether.

Holly: They're all dead. Everybody's dead, Dave.
Lister: Peterson isn't, is he?
Holly: Everybody's dead, Dave!
Lister: Not Chen!
Holly: Gordon Bennett! Yes, Chen. Everyone. Everybody's dead, Dave!
Lister: Rimmer?
Holly: He's dead, Dave. Everybody is dead. Everybody is dead, Dave.
Lister: Wait. Are you trying to tell me everybody's dead?
Holly: Should've never let him out in the first place....

·
Super Moderator
26,362 Posts

·
Registered
6,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Reactions: Woodhaven

·
Registered
6,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
@Golden Horse I think farm pony has held her breath long enough maybe you should let her watch her Dean Cain B movies for a little bit.

·
Super Moderator
26,362 Posts
It's ok... I watched one last night... He was really mean to Santa Claus in it. I'm not sure how I feel about a Santa hating Dean....

·
Registered
15,433 Posts
@Golden Horse I think farm pony has held her breath long enough maybe you should let her watch her Dean Cain B movies for a little bit.
I’ll share my spaceship, but it’s my remote control, and I get to choose thank you...so today you have The Sound of Music and you will have to like it..

·
Super Moderator
26,362 Posts
I’ll share my spaceship, but it’s my remote control, and I get to choose thank you...so today you have The Sound of Music and you will have to like it..
Gross.

·
Super Moderator
26,362 Posts
Um... yeah - Imuh singalong awlright.

I found goonies... can we watch it?

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
One time there was a very nice blonde lady flying economy class to Chicago and she noticed that there were empty seats in first class so she went in there and sat down. The Flight Attendant came and explained to her that she was not allowed to sit in first class and would have to move back to economy. The lady refused to move and said she would not get out of her seat until they arrived in Chicago. They tried to encourage her to move but she steadfastly refused.

The Flight Attendant told the pilot that there was a blonde lady sitting in first class refusing to move, the co-pilot said "don't worry I will look after it" and he went back and whispered something to the blonde, she looked up at him and thanked him and moved back to economy.

the flight attendant asked what he said and he told her that he had told the blonde that first class was not going to Chicago.

·
Registered
6,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
@farmpony84 Maybe you like the scenery better.

@Woodhaven the joke was good :rofl:

Hard to believe you never watched "Married with Children" Bud is the smartest one. LOL never gets the girls but he has his blow up doll.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts