The Horse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
5,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Major preps are coming up, so will get information on those, along with viewing options leading up to the big day. Which will be back in its traditional spot, 1st Saturday in May.

We have a mix of folks that know their way around the track, as well as new folks. So any and all questions welcome. Someone will be able to answer them.

Also anything you would like to see included, researched, etc.

·
Registered
9,536 Posts
Looking forward to reading what you have to say about it.

·
Registered
5,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes @egrogan . The thing that I have notice they did really well on the grass. Now some could be that they are so talented that early on they could just out class their rivals.

Also speaking of him, He has a half brother coming on the scene, Triple Tap. By Tapit out of Littleprincesmomma. Will look for information.

Today I am going to get the points standing up, a little information on the point standings for newer folks, and hopefully a nice chart on what's upcoming so everyone can bee on the same page.

Thanks everyone for the interest. Yes I am into racing. But also this is my way to contribute horse related stuff to the board. While I enjoy my random threads here in off topic, it's my form of horse talk.

·
Registered
7,702 Posts
Here is Triple Taps debut in MSW. Very nicely done, hand ride.

Very nice! I've lost track of the Zayat saga- did they end up keeping their horses or liquidating? Clearly this horse isn't racing in their colors.

Thanks for the leaderboard link. I haven't paid attention to any of the preps this year. I saw that Bloodhorse hired someone else to do the Derby Dozen and I just couldn't get excited about following it written by anyone but Steve Haskin. Change is hard ;)

·
Registered
5,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I hear you about Steve. Miss all his articles. I haven't seen him writing anything anywhere else.

I have not seen that much about the Zayat story either lately. I know they are being sued all over the place and have a court appointed person handling the assists.

I have not followed the preps as much this year as years past. Partly because I know I can catch up/watch videos. Mostly because of day to day racing.

·
Registered
5,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Only Derby points race this weekend is in Japan. Which gives me a little more time to find a good chart of upcoming ones. I will also post video after each one if you can't watch, and we can compare races down the road for the main event picking

·
Registered
5,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Unfortunately the Louisiana Derby will be at Fair Grounds, which is a CDI track. Viewing options will be limited, will try to find video for it.

Now is a good time to remind folks if you have satellite tv providers, there is a good chance you already get TVG, so check your guide. They usually have four or five tracks going at a time.

·
Registered
5,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I thought it was a nice effort by Hot Rod Charlie. Took them all the way around. Early fractions were good. It's easy to get excited about a horse as the more serious points races start. But we will see faster in the Florida Serby this weekend, and horses come out of the Louisiana Derby have not faired well overall in the Kentucky Derby.

Will try to get information up on Florida Derby up soon.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Thanks @aubie. I thought it was a good effort; a little surprising that no one really challenged him much. Looking forward to the FL Derby this weekend.

·
Registered
5,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The Florida Derby will be this Saturday. Coverage starts @ 6:00pm est. NBC Sports will have it. Will check on availability on their website. And if Gulfstream has an app you can download.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts