The Horse Forum banner

2022 Horse forum US/Canada Gift Exchange anyone?

1012 29
Hair Horse Head Eye Eyelash

We did this back in 2019 I think? And it was super fun. (I'll find a link to the thread)
Is there any interest in doing it this year? I think we'd need at least 5 or six people to run it.
It would be limited to USA members (sorry, guys but international postage is dreadful)
I would happily organize and send out questionaires and answer any questions.

Attachments

Reactions: marymane and jaydee

I would be interested in participating in a HF gift exchange this year!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What's this gift exchange thing? Me wouldn't be able to participate :(:( but I would like to know what it is.
Its something kind of fun and festive where you are assigned a person to give a gift to but they don't know who is gifting to them and someone is gifting to you but you don't know who. So we call it secret Santa and it's a fun way to get to know people and enjoy the Christmas season.

·
Registered
My black horse is very silly and handsome. He is hard to train most of the time.
277 Posts
Wow that sounds really fun!! So sad I can't participate!
I mean I don't celebrate Christmas but it sounds really great for any time or any occasion!
:(:(😭😭😭😭😭

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It depends on what the minimum cost of gift is, but I would LOVE to participate 😍 Christmas is going to be pretty lonely this year, so anything to connect with others and spready holiday cheer would be so fun!

Perhaps a card exchange could also be considered for international members?
Last time we did it we did a budget of $25-50, with the caveat of gently used, homemade and home baked is encouraged.

·
Registered
My black horse is very silly and handsome. He is hard to train most of the time.
277 Posts
Ooo homemade baking sound good! I just love baking and cooking things. Maybe me and Agheera can send each other things lol the " south american team". Jk though.

·
Super Moderator
16,569 Posts
For those comfortable with the $50 end shipping under 2lbs is probably not more than half that which would leave $25 for a gift. Other option is if you get a good number you can ask if users are willing to have a foreign exchange and include that when you make the match up.

Reactions: Knave

·
Premium Member
10,321 Posts
You can also have items shipped directly to the recipient from online sellers like Amazon. Home-baked goods would be out, but lots of things can be personalized and shipped directly to people from online stores. Thinking of things like special photos as Christmas ornaments, a warm pair of mittens for those in the north ;) etc.

·
Super Moderator
16,569 Posts
That's a great idea! I hadn't really thought of it but with friends and family in Europe that makes sense.

Reactions: lostastirrup

·
Super Moderator
27,717 Posts
MODERATOR NOTE

The gift exchange isn't a Horseforum sanctioned event, it is member driven. The last time the US members participated in an exchange, it went really well but please understand that on rare occasions, members do not receive a gift because it either gets lost in the mail or never sent. This is a risk that you have to be willing to take when you sign up for this. Members really enjoyed the exchange the last time they had one.

Also - This particular event is US & Canada only - that does not mean that our members that are located in other regions can not hold their own exchange. Just start a new thread and be sure to limit it to a region if postage is a concern. If you wanted to do one that is open to all countries - you could do a Christmas card exchange.

MODERATOR NOTE

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hair Horse Head Eye Eyelash

CHRISTMAS EXCHANGE IS ON
Looks like there's enough interest to run this!
Tag your friends! The more the merrier.
Looks like we can include all of north America (yay! Canada!) Absolutely anyone pm me if they have issues shipping to Canada or otherwise and I'll juggle assignments to suit.

please fill out this questionaire, I'll send out assignments on Thanksgiving evening!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Awesome! I'm so excited!! When is the last possible day to sign up? The house we're building is scheduled to be finished on the 21st, but we've run into delays and I'm not really sure when our actual move-in date is. I'm crossing my fingers well be moved in by December, but I'm really not sure so I don't have an address to give just yet 😅

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Awesome! I'm so excited!! When is the last possible day to sign up? The house we're building is scheduled to be finished on the 21st, but we've run into delays and I'm not really sure when our actual move-in date is. I'm crossing my fingers well be moved in by December, but I'm really not sure so I don't have an address to give just yet 😅
Thanksgiving morning would be the last day, I'll send out assignments that evening. Hope that works!

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
View attachment 1138674
CHRISTMAS EXCHANGE IS ON
Looks like there's enough interest to run this!
Tag your friends! The more the merrier.
Looks like we can include all of north America (yay! Canada!) Absolutely anyone pm me if they have issues shipping to Canada or otherwise and I'll juggle assignments to suit.

please fill out this questionaire, I'll send out assignments on Thanksgiving evening!

Reminder
Even if you did this in years past, please fill out a new questionaire. It makes coordinating so much easier for me.
Thanks!

⛄ 🎄 ⛄

1 - 20 of 30 Posts