The Horse Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
My black horse is very silly and handsome. He is hard to train most of the time.
770 Posts
LOL today I only rode 800 mt. How I know?? I measured the distance on Google Earth that I rode up to and it was 400 mt and I rode up and back down so 800 mt. :eek::eek::eek: so much riding 😂🤣🤣🤣

· Registered
My black horse is very silly and handsome. He is hard to train most of the time.
770 Posts
I use a gps, or an APP called Geo Tracker. Since I'm in the USA, I track my distance in miles, then convert the distance to kilometers for the benefit of all the members who live in countries that use the metric system. There are a bunch of APPs you can install in your cell phone to help you track your ride.
Hmmmm. I don't have a smartphone. Just a good old dumbphone with push buttons only to use for calling and texting. So that option wouldn't work :( Maybe I will just have to remember every little place I went on my ride and measure it on Google Earth.... so painstaking though!

· Registered
770 Posts

· Registered
770 Posts
That is a pretty harness and cart!! Is that harness from Two Horse Tack? I saw a harness very much like that on there. It had blue pad, red, green, and black.

· Registered
770 Posts
A couple of days I went out to try to take pictures of some wild otter-like animals in a pond somewhere. About 45 minute ride but I didn't find the otters. But I got some nice pictures....
It isn't often that I take my camera with me on rides but I did a couple of days ago and today... I will post pics from todays ride later in a post of my own. Also, the other day it was raining/ had just rained when I went so that is why the interesting clouds.
Bird Twig Branch Plant Beak

Plant Working animal Natural landscape Dairy cow Grazing

Cloud Sky Plant Natural landscape Mountain

Sky Cloud Plant Natural landscape Atmospheric phenomenon

Plant Sky Natural landscape Mountain Tree

· Registered
770 Posts
If she is the picture of the horse in the media on your profile, she is stunning beautiful!! I love black horses!!
Thank you so much! I love taking them too.

· Registered
770 Posts
@Horse & Dog Mom, thank you!! It had just rained and was about to rain again so.. yeah you are right.
@whisperbaby22, it is an Uruguayan saddle. Much lighter than a western saddle and my old western saddles don't fit right: see this thread for more info, and and so I ride him with that more often. When I carry the camera I ride with a saddle as I don't want to slip around and risk falling with the camera. I usually ride bareback though. And thanks for the comment on Castillo. He is my very favorite silly handsome black horse in the world!!

· Registered
770 Posts
Today ( late afternoon/evening) I went on another photo excursion to the Nutria pond. Well, and I finally succeded in getting some pictures of them!! And some other animals.

Going to the pond I found a 3/4 grown armadillo. I would have caught it and petted it but I was too busy taking pics lol
Cingulata Armadillo Grass Terrestrial animal Plant

Arriving at the pond I found 4 or 5 storks or herons- some sort of big bird.
Plant Plant community Insect Wood Grass

Plant Bird Accipitridae Beak Sky

Then I saw the baby nutrias!! They aren't really cute they are just small versions of adults
Plant community Terrestrial animal Grassland Groundcover Plain

Plant Rodent Terrestrial animal Grassland Grass

Water Water resources Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Watercourse Wood

Then they ran to their burrow....
Terrestrial animal Grass Bedrock Plant Wood

And then Daddy or Mama Nutria rushed into the burrow too.
Beak Scaled reptile Carnivore Terrestrial animal Grass

· Registered
770 Posts
This bird was catching minnows in the pond.
Bird Plant Natural landscape Beak Wood

Then this jack rabbit hopped into view.
Plant Vertebrate Natural landscape Grass Terrestrial animal

Plant Plant community Vertebrate Ecoregion Mammal

A little while later I saw another jack rabbit....
Plant community Vertebrate Plant Mammal Black tailed jackrabbit

..and he hopped away.
Plant community Vertebrate Plant Grass Terrestrial animal

Right after this one hopped away I saw this one....
Plant Terrestrial animal Wood Grass Grassland

..and he hopped away too.
Vertebrate Mammal Fawn Grass Terrestrial animal

So I saw lots of jackrabbits there!
Also this bird:
Bird Beak Plant Twig Feather

· Registered
770 Posts
Awwww thanks!! It is mainly the telephoto lens that lets me zoom in so much becuase all my subjects are really timid.

Reactions: Celeste

· Registered
770 Posts
@phantomhorse13, you have a very pretty brown and white border collie!! They are such pretty dogs!! I had one for a few months before she died of Hepatitis around 2018 or 17 I don't remember.

@CaliforniaDreaming, eh er a bright turquoise hackamore??? And mecate?? Well it is definitely different lol! Not to say that I don't like it, it is just a very different color than the traditional colors. But it suits Mitch quite well!
Lol about the " seafood" diet. That's what Luna does lol! Boy I sure wish that I had that Equilab thing! It looks so neat! Does it also show how far you went?

· Registered
770 Posts
@younghorsetrainer : so sad to hear you lost that lovely dog. I had wanted a BC my whole life, so Kestrel is a dream come true for me.
Thank you for your kind wishes. I didn't know how to train a cattle dog then ( and still don't ) and she had puppies shortly after I got her and then she got some infection from it, and the sickness came back after her puppies were sold and then after taking her to the vet, she stayed a couple of days and then passed away. She was my first dog so it wasn't very easy on my emotions.

I love border collies and Australian Shepards and Cattledogs they are so pretty and hardworking dogs!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts