The Horse Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
I thought that you all might like this - especially any white or grey horse owners.
What is your shade of grey?
How about some of your before and after pics?
I'll post my pictures later ;)

Reactions: jenkat86

Registered
The horse I am riding in my avatar was a homozygous grey so ALL of his offspring were greys, of one type or another. Here are a few of his kids;

One of his daughters, Mimi

One of his sons, "Brother"

A foal out of my event mare who almost looked....well......

But I knew better. He grew up to look like this. Another son, Abraxas at age 2.

Registered
I love greys! Here is my Fox Trotter mare and her son. I'm still crossing fingers for dapples on the boy. But he's coming 5 and still mostly bay. He had a hint of dapples this fall, so maybe with his spring shed he will be lighter. I can dream. :lol:

This is his progression from birth to 4 1/2 years.

Attachments

Registered
mY grey horse, Charlie.
I did not breed for grey on purpose, as I raise Appaloosas , and thus want to keep coat patterns,plus grey horses have a high rate of melanoma
I bred her dam to an Appaloosa pleasure horse by transported semen . He appeared as a black leopard in the Appaloosa Journal. I guess the greying gene can act at different rates on the base coat color and any spots
No doubt Awarded is white by now!

Registered
The second picture of the working cowhorse, is not Charlie, but I did not know how to delete a picture. That is a filly that I sold out of my reining mare, and the few spot working cowhorse, High Sign Nugget. She is a roan
Sorry for nay confusion!
This is the picture that should be there!

Registered
The horse I am riding in my avatar was a homozygous grey so ALL of his offspring were greys, of one type or another. Here are a few of his kids;

One of his daughters, Mimi

I want those dapples on my gelding SO BAD! Can I custom order them or something? :wink:

His momma was already pretty much flea-bit by the time I got her, and an Arabian gelding I used to have was flea-bit too. So I never had one in that beautiful dapple stage. I think a dramatic dapple gray is my favorite horse color. I would like to have one in a perfect dapple gray shade and then keep them from fading somehow. :lol:

Registered
The second picture of the working cowhorse, is not Charlie, but I did not know how to delete a picture. That is a filly that I sold out of my reining mare, and the few spot working cowhorse, High Sign Nugget. She is a roan
Sorry for nay confusion!
This is the picture that should be there!

That's better, lol. When I saw the roan appy I was kind of like, isn't that varnish, not gray? :lol:

That's a beautifully built horse.

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
I saw this post on another place where it was entitled '30 shades of grey' with a before picture of their clean white horse and an after picture of their filthy dirty white horse!
Which is why i thought ti would be cool to see what your stories are!
haha!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts