The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I doubt this is going to work...but here we go. In April I plan on taking Rowdy to Area E in Florida, for the 4-H show, and I have a few questions that my group leader hasn't been able to answer.

1. I ride with a tom-thumb dog bone snaffle bit, but I don't know if dog bone bits are allowed.

2. I ride him with a full flymask to protect his other eye, from the uveitis, and i'm wondering if wearing a flymask is allowed for speed events.

If you live in Florida, do speed, and have been to any of the Area E shows, could you possibly answer my questions?
Thanks!:love:

·
Super Moderator
26,791 Posts
http://www.animal.ufl.edu/youth/horse/documents/BitRules.pdf

I don't live in FL or show 4H but I found 4H horse show rules for FL. They have pictures of what is and isn't ok.

Now, I have seen people show in a fly mask in the A-rated hunter shows but I would think you'd have to ask the judges on the day of?

Reactions: Cynical25

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
http://www.animal.ufl.edu/youth/horse/documents/BitRules.pdf

I don't live in FL or show 4H but I found 4H horse show rules for FL. They have pictures of what is and isn't ok.

Now, I have seen people show in a fly mask in the A-rated hunter shows but I would think you'd have to ask the judges on the day of?

Okay,, thanks :) I'll try and call the extension office, the only problem is that if the bits not right, and I get there, I've wasted my money and time.

·
Super Moderator
26,791 Posts
I would bring a bit that you know is right just in case. I usually have 4 or 5 extra bits in my trailer.

·
Registered
12,041 Posts
you should be able to get a copy of the 4H rules that show runs under.
I have judged some 4H shows, up here in Canada, and rules are based on divisions
Not sure of 4H speed events, but in general, speed events allow bits not legal in judged events, but you need to get a copy of the 4H rule book that show is run under, as any judge has to judge a show by the rules that show is run under, regardless of his own background, and that would include the fly mask and the bit

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.