The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm very, very new at this, but I liked seeing the critques of various horses and wanted to see if I could get some more opinions on my mare. She turned 4 on March 28th this year (2012). I am curious to see a more specific review of her confirmation, so thanks in advance for any insight! =)

I'm not sure if these pictures are enough to critique (as they are in-motion shots)? If not, can anyone suggest more angles and placements for a better critique and I'll post more?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Cant really tell you much apart from the back that her back is a little long in those photos, and she appears to have a decent shoulder and neck set.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you! I'm gonna be honest, I've never known the technicals of confirmation, and I'm very interested in learning as I see a lot of talk about how it can affect performance abilities in more ways than I imagined. I've always picked mine based on a few things for barrel horses: Short back, long underline, nice slope on shoulder to look for stride ability, and the slope of the backside compared to the front.

My concern with my girl when I got her was that her butt seemed a little high. She is a very "cowy" mover. I'm just interested in understanding how to better assess confirmation, so I greatly appreciate the advice!

I'll take some better pics today and repost for a better view.

Thanks! =)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.