The Horse Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have an 8 yo chestnut gelding, he’s registered in the JC as Sunny Note but I’m not a big fan of Sunny. I don’t know his exact height but I’d guess atleast 16.3 hands (his ears touch the top of the trailer 😬). I haven’t owned him for two long but the longer I wait to find him a name, the harder it will be to change it. I definitely want to name him something more on the badass side. I kind of like Zephyr or Keen but I’m still not sure.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
How about something more unusual and spicy...

Vulcan - This name comes from Roman mythology. Vulcan was the Roman god of fire.

Pyralis - Greek for “of fire.

Zenzero - (ginger in Italian).

Phoenix. Also a goody for a chestnut.

He is beautiful btw.

Zephyr and Keen are cool too. But he looks like he has just a little bit more personality than the names you are a bit unsure of at this stage.

·
Super Moderator
22,809 Posts
You are asking for suggestions for the horse's name, and a barn name? No Norse blood in me by I always fancied 'Valhalla' as a horse property name myself. Being a Terry Pratchett fan, dunno about a chestnut, but if I got a white one I'd have to call him Binky... & I'm sure a horse called Binky would be right at home at Valhalla!

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
@loosie, in the U.S. "barn name" means the shorter name you call a horse. It's also sometimes called a "call name." So a horse named Alexandrianopolis Dreaming Paradise might have the barn name of "Alex," "Dream," or "Dum Dum."

·
Super Moderator
11,228 Posts
As trailers come in various heights and horses hold their heads differently so that isn't a reliable way to guesstimate height. If you know your fence height for sure then a picture with him next to it where the ground is level to the fence could give you a better idea or a picture of you next to the horse at the wither and knowing your height with shoes as a horse is measured at the withers.

Pretty horse. I like Zeus.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Rooster (don't ask)
Brownie
Red (as already suggested)
Galaxy (as in galaxy chocolate bar)
Last but not least
Rocket
Bit weird names I don't know what's going on in my mind right now lol!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts