The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I came on to look for some advice on my horse. He has this thing where it looks like his leg is always filled. It doesn’t seem to bug him and doesn’t go away. The vet pretty much told us that it’s nothing. He doesn’t get ridden anymore (just because of his age). But the larger leg “issue” make him a bit slower and he doesn’t seem to pick it up as easily as his other feet. Is there any stretches that I can do with him that might get him more connected to his rear? He does well on the surcingle (keeps his head high and seems to trot better), but when I move him over he tends to step on his own feet. Any advice on training or stretches? He is very smart and is picking up liberty very quickly. Thanks!:runninghorse2:

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Below the knee or above the knee? Generally if he's "stocking up" (legs swelling because of inactivity) less stall time and more turnout helps keep it down. It can make them stiff though. They normally do best walking it off. Moving around helps better than cold hosing for stocking up that's not related to an injury IMO.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.