The Horse Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1/ When we get notifications it comes up on the 'Welcome, _______' line. "Notifications: 3" - When there are no new notifications could you leave it up there "New Notifications:3" ....."New Notifications:0"

2/ Forum members are all over the world. It would be really useful if it was compulsory to put country and state (or region). Quite often it can make a difference to a reply to someone.

Thanks
Lyn

·
Administrator
3,260 Posts
1/ When we get notifications it comes up on the 'Welcome, _______' line. "Notifications: 3" - When there are no new notifications could you leave it up there "New Notifications:3" ....."New Notifications:0"

2/ Forum members are all over the world. It would be really useful if it was compulsory to put country and state (or region). Quite often it can make a difference to a reply to someone.

Thanks
Lyn
Hello Lyn,

Thanks for posting.

1. Once you clear those it should go back to zero. You can to click on the drop down and view them.

Cleared mine and got this:
Welcome, Admin_Yungster. Visited Yesterday at 05:25 PM Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 682. Subscriptions

2. I saw it on your profile, we would have to talk to the other mods to try and make it a forced profile field.

Mods any input on this?

Jeff M

·
Registered
49,000 Posts
well, at least the country might be nice. then we know what part of the globe folks are on, and possibly if they are not a native speaker of English. on other forums is it usually compulsary? would that feel like an invasion of one's privacy?

·
Registered
15,433 Posts

Thanks
Lyn
I agree, so often it would help to know the country, as things are very different in other countries. I can't think that is a very onerous request of anyone, I may not want someone knowing my address, but Canada is a big place......

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello Lyn,

Thanks for posting.

1. Once you clear those it should go back to zero. You can to click on the drop down and view them.

Cleared mine and got this:
Welcome, Admin_Yungster. Visited Yesterday at 05:25 PM Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 682. Subscriptions

2. I saw it on your profile, we would have to talk to the other mods to try and make it a forced profile field.

Mods any input on this?

Jeff M
Thanks for reply. You are referring to 'private messages' but what I am looking for is 'likes' and 'quotes'.

When I have viewed my 'Your Notifications' and there are no longer any new ones the heading vanishes, so if I want to go back and see them I have to go 'shirthotteez', (on mini statistics)Likes received-click on number, then find what i am looking for.

So the heading with notifications looks like this:
Welcome, ShirtHotTeez. Visited Today at 12:32 AM Your Notifications 4 Subscriptions

And when there are no new notifications, like this:
Welcome, ShirtHotTeez. Visited Today at 12:32 AM Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 13. Subscriptions

Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Knowing at least what country someone is from is beneficial IME. It's easy to find certain products in a country like the United States or Canada, but totally worthless to the OP to suggest something that they can't get where they live. Also knowing that English is not a poster's native language can influence what wording a response should have so they understand it.

·
Registered
7,412 Posts
Could we possibly go back to having the thread prompts take us to the last page we read? When I click on one of those on the far right hand list, it takes me to page 1, then I have to click on "last page", hoping that is where I left off.

It would also be lovely if it gave us a CLUE where it was located on the forum....I occasionally wind up on the Teen Forum because the thread looks interesting....OOPS....

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Could we possibly go back to having the thread prompts take us to the last page we read? When I click on one of those on the far right hand list, it takes me to page 1, then I have to click on "last page", hoping that is where I left off. ...

Greentree,

LOL
Been there done that.
Fortunately got the T-shirt.

Here is the trick, click on the little symbol, that looks like a chevron, in front of the thread title to goto the first unread post.

Note: If the little symbol is not there it means there are no unread posts in that thread.

symbol to goto first unread.jpg

Second note : In the previous HF version the symbol used was a different symbol. This little chevron works the same way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts