The Horse Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,370 Posts
@Txshecat0423 that is not something you can just say, hidden in a random spot. Who? Tell us about him! Pictures?! I always think of you when I hear a paint talked about being sold, but nothing has stood out as quality to me.

Let’s see. We have three dogs who live in the house with us. Two are just little dogs, one mutt and one Jack Russel (who doesn’t believe he is little and is hugely tough). Those two dogs belong to my girls, so when they grow up and move away the dogs will go with them. My oldest has the old dog, and he I really love and will feel odd about going next summer.

My dog is Junie B, and she’s a cowdog but she’s also my pet. She is great at both things, but she’s a very mean and protective dog, so she has that going against her. She has a bed by my bed, although on occasion she jumps on the bed. She has this whole morning ritual that is trying to make me stay in bed. She flops onto me and doesn’t let me up and talks like she’s a husky. Lol

Junie B is pregnant currently, and she’s only two weeks away! I’m excited and nervous. I don’t know how the future owners will feel about cowdogs who lived inside the house… I’m not kicking her out though. She’s used to sleeping inside. I think maybe more people are friends with their cowdogs than they’d like you to believe, and them spending their first little while inside will be a positive. Who knows?

Today I need to ride some horses down. Oh, phone call just came in, now I have to go after a bull who’s gone on a tirade and become an outlaw. That ought to be an experience. My problem is a slight fear of bulls. Oops. Well, I guess I’ll have to just man up. Maybe I’ll end up with a great story.

Apparently I had better go saddle a horse now. Happy Friday.

·
Premium Member
7,370 Posts
@lb27312 thank you! I might need it. @My Salty Pony he does have girlfriends. He tore a fence into the neighbor’s and they tried to get him out, worked him up like crazy, got a dog killed over it, and then gave up. So, off we go to meet the now bad guy. He’ll have to be sold after that kind of treatment, because he’s likely dangerous now.

Trailer is here! Gotta go again!

·
Premium Member
7,370 Posts
I guess he wasn’t here yet. @My Salty Pony he probably is really bad. We gave him a few weeks to settle at least. He wasn’t bad before, so maybe he’ll be back to square one, but I wouldn’t count on it. Mistakes like that tend to have consequences.

@Txshecat0423 I’m so excited for you!!!!

·
Premium Member
7,370 Posts
The bull came easily enough. It was a surprise. He did see if he could get a horse’s number, but then he let it go when he saw he couldn’t get our bluff, and was headed home, and we didn’t over pressure him.

I took Bones, and regretted not taking my filly when I saw how easily it went. It was long and footing was bad, but she could have handled the bull in any case.

Came home, caught her to ride, and she’s lame! I don’t know if they got to fighting while we were gone or what happened. :( Stance mean anything to you guys?
Cloud Sky Plant Mountain People in nature
Horse Sky Cloud Plant Working animal
Horse Sky Working animal Horse supplies Horse tack

·
Premium Member
7,370 Posts
@JCnGrace I thought that too at first, but I think it’s an optical illusion from the fact she keeps holding it funny bent forward. When forced to stand on it it look similar to the other, although the white compared to the black makes it seem bigger. It doesn’t feel swollen, or hot.

I considered the hoof, as she seems to be keeping pressure off of if, but she was in the corral all day without rocks and it is soft from rain. I just don’t know. She kept holding it forward like the picture, or picking it up like a hind leg and resting the weight off of it.

·
Premium Member
7,370 Posts
@gottatrot I thought it looked like that too, but I cleaned it out really well, and then husband did too because he must have thought the same thing. He came away convinced it has nothing to do with the hoof.

·
Premium Member
7,370 Posts
She is @walkinthewalk. She’s keeping that ankle bent too, and she keeps the leg in front of her most of the time, or on occasion picked up like it is with me hosing it. She’ll put weight on it when she walks, but with a huge gimp and then a stop and rest it.

She’s a very tough natured animal too. Never has she taken a single off step, not even a “this rock hurt” step. I’m actually quite worried she may have broken something. I won’t know until the vet can find the time to do X-rays. Since we’ve been on the list for a month, I’m really hoping it will be this coming week. I’d rather know.

·
Premium Member
7,370 Posts
Thank you @walkinthewalk! My father came and looked at her (he used to be the person people called before there was a vet), and he says she just sprained it. I hope he is right, but he said I’d know in three or four days, which would be around the time the vet probably will come. Either way, if she’s still lame when the vet comes, I’m doing X-rays. What is $200 in the long run?

·
Premium Member
7,370 Posts
@walkinthewalk it was also football, out of town, so no vet. Since my girls aren’t allowed fall sports, I couldn’t figure out where half the teens and their parents were! Lol

Queen is looking a bit better today, but she is still lame and swollen. I’m thinking it probably is a twisted ankle, since there is improvement. Hopefully husband will get ahold of the vet tomorrow. Of course, since it’s taken so long, Lucy seems fine now. He still wants X-rays though before taking her to work. I completely understand.

We weaned Oakley today, and sent Lucy and Bones to another part of the farm to get fed a little better and let her dry up.

·
Premium Member
7,370 Posts
Well, for XXX @Txshecat0423, you really shouldn’t loose much if he doesn’t work out.

I bought one horse sight unseen, and it was a very bad move. Lol. I didn’t lose much in the end though.

@Dreamcatcher Arabians thank you. She probably will be. I am anxious to see. I am supposed to use her for work tomorrow, but I’ll just borrow Zeus or Bones.

·
Premium Member
7,370 Posts
The only feed I buy is sweet feed for the milk cow and the small scoop the horses get before being ridden. If it is bad, I just throw it to the chickens.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts