The Horse Forum banner

A False Fall Friday Night Conversation

2758 Views 71 Replies 20 Participants Last post by  walkinthewalk
Weather is so nice here,mouth wont last. Sure to be more heat before summer gives up.

How is everyone? Another week flew by. What did you do?

Plans for tonight? This weekend?

I know I always include Remington. Partly because I don't actually have horses. But he is having the life. The old house had an upstairs so my room was up there. I never let him in . He had a room up there . At end of day we would go up, watch a little tv (it was actually the guest room) and he would go back down. But here it's smaller and one story. In my room all the time. We are like roommates - you saw picture. He is having a ball.

What's for supper? Don't know yet. Having ballgame party tomorrow with lots of food. Putting a Boston butt on tonight around 10 to be ready so supper will most likely be just whatever nothing special.

If you are going out, or fixin in, tell about it.

As always whatever you want to add in to this weekly thing. That's what really makes it.

Orange Amber Font Peach Rectangle
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
7,607 Posts
The only time I got any moldy feed from TSC was when it actually had rained and they had roof leak. The kid went into the stock room and brought out bags that had been wet. I said to him I do not want to poison and kill my horses. Do you have a manager? I chewed that managers butt. Well after a bit here comes another guy with a flat of senior feed, that had been stored in a different area that was not near the leak. Bags were dry, I triple checked . I made a big enough fit at the manager we had a small audience. Everyone started checking their feed bags. It comes down to training and how much time they want to spend training. I hate lazy clerks. I will tell a manager about a good clerk .
My hubby did find some wheat bran that was clean .
Our weather had been in the 80's but with some humidity for us and will now be up into the 90's almost 100 again . Summer stays here until late October. Northern CA got some rain . We got a sprinkle . There were 3 nights I could turn off the air conditioner and open windows. IT should help reduce the pge bill.
Property tax bill came today. Oh joy. Up $800.00 a year and it is far more than the one percent they claim. I hate this state. So many rotten politicians on a local and state level.

· Registered
7,607 Posts
@stevenson am I reading correctly? Your R/Etaxes went up by $800😳😳. Ours also went up but by $100 I think. It’s gone up a total of $500 in the 19 years we’ve been here and I’m not happy about that. We have enough farming acreage to qualify for the Green Belt or it would be a lot worse.

I’m pretty sure the hired help at all of the TSC stores think we should just be happy with any old bag of feed or throw it out if it‘s bad and take the money hit — 🤐🤯🤐🤯
yes . The real estate taxes. it sure is not the 1% they say it will go up . I am so tired of this state with its corrupt officials, from county to the state. They stopped oil where most of the county revenue came from , so they have it to get it somewhere. 13 taxes for schools. Its ridiculous. They need to take the school bonds/taxes off property and just add it at the end of the year on taxes . So people whom rent are not paying for the schools their kids attend !

1 - 2 of 2 Posts