The Horse Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
Horse loving mama in Texas
1,221 Posts
Good morning all! I’m actually on time for once As always, @aubie, thank you for starting the thread. Even if I don’t post something myself, I read everyone else’s posts and enjoy keeping up with everyone.

We’ve had morning temps in the low 60’s here in CenTex this week but I saw this morning that our “feels like” temps will be triple digit again by the end of next week….bleah.

Not sure what is on the menu for tonight, maybe leftovers or something simple.

We had drill team practice last Sunday, farrier came Tuesday and Skip has been lame ever since. Vet appointment today. We are getting ready for our Road to the Horse appearance and two horses on the team are lame. We have no backups (riders OR horses for this event) so my sister/coach is freaking a little! Hopefully vet will have some answers. It’s not in the hoof. I’m thinking he either slipped in the pasture or that mean witch Poppy kicked him….AGAIN. She may have to find a new zip code.

Anyway vet visit today, my brother is playing locally all weekend so think he is staying overnight tonigh, sewing on some accessories for our RTTH event, oh, and I bought a new horse yesterday

Finally got fortyeleventeen loads of dirt brought in to level yard and so my mom and husband have been amateur landscapers this week and Mom has been planting tons of flowers for the porches on the house. Rain not forecasted for quite a while so they are watering by hand and sprinkler. I’m not a yard girl so I told them y’all just go on with your bad selves!

That’s about it for me…y’all have a wonderful rest of your weekend. I have to get into the sewing dungeon!

Oh, I forgot about the dog. Yes, Baby is our fur daughter, lives in the house and until it got incredibly hot, I would take her everywhere with me. She sleeps wherever she wants, bed, couch, recliner, although she does have her own bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Flowers can really dress up area's and will surely brighten things up, your mom is doing a good job. :D

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
@Txshecat0423 that is not something you can just say, hidden in a random spot. Who? Tell us about him! Pictures?! I always think of you when I hear a paint talked about being sold, but nothing has stood out as quality to me.

Let’s see. We have three dogs who live in the house with us. Two are just little dogs, one mutt and one Jack Russel (who doesn’t believe he is little and is hugely tough). Those two dogs belong to my girls, so when they grow up and move away the dogs will go with them. My oldest has the old dog, and he I really love and will feel odd about going next summer.

My dog is Junie B, and she’s a cowdog but she’s also my pet. She is great at both things, but she’s a very mean and protective dog, so she has that going against her. She has a bed by my bed, although on occasion she jumps on the bed. She has this whole morning ritual that is trying to make me stay in bed. She flops onto me and doesn’t let me up and talks like she’s a husky. Lol

Junie B is pregnant currently, and she’s only two weeks away! I’m excited and nervous. I don’t know how the future owners will feel about cowdogs who lived inside the house… I’m not kicking her out though. She’s used to sleeping inside. I think maybe more people are friends with their cowdogs than they’d like you to believe, and them spending their first little while inside will be a positive. Who knows?

Today I need to ride some horses down. Oh, phone call just came in, now I have to go after a bull who’s gone on a tirade and become an outlaw. That ought to be an experience. My problem is a slight fear of bulls. Oops. Well, I guess I’ll have to just man up. Maybe I’ll end up with a great story.

Apparently I had better go saddle a horse now. Happy Friday.
Stay safe tracking that outlaw bull and Yep you need to tell us about the experience of that Renegade bull, if he found some girlfriends its going to be a OH BOY!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
I agree with @Knave @Txshecat0423!! You can’t just drop that random sentence and leave! More info please! Yay on Junie B!! Lots of luck!
I second this, Opps I mean 3rd, always love seeing a new horse added to someones family.. :giggle:

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
@lb27312 thank you! I might need it. @My Salty Pony he does have girlfriends. He tore a fence into the neighbor’s and they tried to get him out, worked him up like crazy, got a dog killed over it, and then gave up. So, off we go to meet the now bad guy. He’ll have to be sold after that kind of treatment, because he’s likely dangerous now.

Trailer is here! Gotta go again!
Oh no, this bull sounds really bad!! A few friends(And when needed a few more horses I would come along) would go out and catch loose cattle for the Sheriff Dept. and alot of times it was a OH Boy moment. A friend got into a fight with a bull trying to load him and that bull was not going to leave his women behind it got really nasty and the bull won that time, but the next round he didnt, so Please be Carefull!!!

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
@walkinthewalk , I have learned that most of the sales clerks that work at TSC dont know what a bag of feed is suppose to smell like are look like, they are mostly city folk working there. Like today we went in TSC so I could get a Bucket and some chicken feed and the clerks were happy to tell us that some of the protein tubs had come in that I have been needing for a few months so bought 4 of them welp wrong tubs, hubby caught that when they were loading them they were cattle not horse, so had to go back in the store to get a refund on the tubs that we had payed for, lol, the girls were so sorry for the screw up but thats ok I told them, but please if 16% tubs do happen to come in to please call so we came haul booty to the store and get some, they sell the tubs out as soon as they get them unloaded, so fingers cross I get a call for the tubs..
I understand how you feel, I have had to take products back a few times over the years because they were bad and the people that worked there at that time could not tell the difference between the good and the bad.. Yep, I would get really frustrated when they would say theres nothing wrong the feed, I would just tell them Wrong I'm returning this and getting a different one, they would turn their nose up at me like I was a crazy person, Sorry BUD but not feeding this spoil feed to any of my animals..
Yep, Producers Pride is Purina's product that they make for TSC, its the lower end of Purina, LIKE wayyy lower end!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts