The Horse Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,278 Posts
This weekend hubs and stepson are replacing the boards on our sidewalks so he is spending the weekend with us. I will spend the weekend doing lots of cooking. Ham tonight with probably sweet potatoes. That's as far as I've gotten with menu planning. Due to all the unforeseen cooking a trip to the grocery store is on the agenda for today.

We finally had some fall like weather earlier in the week. I walked outside one day in a tank top and turned right back around in order to change into a t-shirt. Now it's supposed to get back up into the 90's over the next couple of days. I noticed some leaves starting to turn on the maple tree.

Sky Plant Natural landscape Land lot Tree

When we still had a dog he slept in his own bed in my office which was right next to the bedroom, unless it was storming. Then he'd push open the bedroom door and lay on the floor beside the bed. No sleeping involved for either of us in that case. He was scared to death of them and would whine and pant really loud during the whole thing.

·
Registered
10,278 Posts
@walkinthewalk , you'd be welcome and no money needed if you did the clean up afterwards. :) That's the part I hate.

@Knave , glad the bull was cooperative. It looks to me like your filly's fetlock is swollen but I can't see the other side to compare. Cutter stood with his foot forward like that when his abscess was still in the painful stage.

@Txshecat0423 , congrats on the new gelding. The video of Skippy reminded me of JC. He was an escape artist. :love:

·
Registered
10,278 Posts
Oops forgot to add my part. The morning got away from me and I didn't make it to town after all. No way I had time to get groceries, put them away, feed and do barn chores and get a ham baked for supper when I looked at the clock and it was already 2:00 pm. Maybe tomorrow. LOL

On the plus side the ham was a spiral sliced, brown sugar glazed ham I had bought at Sam's Club and it was quite tasty. I hope they still have some at a decent price because a trip to there is needed soon too.

·
Registered
10,278 Posts
@walkinthewalk , they do have me trained! LOL Cloud is standing on the scooper. I was trying to push some dry crush over a wet spot behind her, she backed up, managed to step right in the middle of the fork and then planted her foot. Flash backed up to poop behind the board in order to hide it because I had just yelled at Cloud for pooping where I'd already cleaned. "HELLO! I'm standing right here and can see you!" 🤣 He had to stand on his tippy toes to get it that high. You know how they say a herd of mares will synchronize their heat cycles? Well, mine poop on the same schedule. And to make matters worse it's almost a daily occurrence that they wait and do it where I'd just finished cleaning.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts