The Horse Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I went to a horse drive this past weekend. They rounded up three hundred head of ranch horses and drove them back to their ranch. It was about a thirty mile drive. They went through two towns and across the missouri river. It was fun to watch. There was even one zonkey in the herd. I'll share pictures I took. I'll do a post for each day in the next few days. Saturday was able to use a friends three hundred and five hundred lens. That was neat.

Starting with the first day they gathered them out of different pastures. Sorted the lame ones to haul back. After that they turned them out for the night.

Thank you for looking. Hope you enjoy them.

Herd Coming Down The Hill.

Smaller Herd Coming From Another Side Of Field.

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
This video is along the same lines and has a great song.

To the OP: Is this the same outfit that you were helping?

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm not exactly sure if thats the same outfit or not. It looks some what similar. I will have to look later at the youtube site. That paint and gentleman are the owners of the ranch. It was fun. I plan on going back out next year too.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you. It was a lot of fun.

I still can't tell on the video if that is the same ranch or not. The faces aren't clear enough.

Thank you for looking.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Very nice photo's
I have to say...I am jealous as well.
They do horse drives not far from where I am, and I have always wanted to join in the fun!
Thanks for showing off all the wonderful photos of your adventure.
hp

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you. It was very fun. I'm debating on if I want to pay to ride with the group or just keep going to take pictures.

It was fun though, I will definately keep attending the event.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
They have a 3 - 5 cattle drive not too far away from us, and you can join them. I think I may try it when Hunter grows up.

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
Thank you. It was a lot of fun.

I still can't tell on the video if that is the same ranch or not. The faces aren't clear enough.

Thank you for looking.
I'm pretty sure that it's the same ranch. First because there are very few places even in Montana that drive 300+ head of saddle horses anywhere. Second, I saw an interview with the owner of the horses in the video that I posted and it looks like the same guy that is holding the gate in your photo. At any rate it looks like a ton of fun and a rich experience.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts