Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A Jack and Three Queens by James C. Dedman
Latest book is up on Amazon and Smashwords.
As usual, its a $2.99 download to Kindle
A Jack and Three Queens (The Trot Trilogy Book 1), James Dedman, Betty Dedman, Daryl Debunhurst - Amazon.com
and a $1.99 download to your computer or any other device from Smashwords.
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/573651

In the late 1850s, tales of gold from the West beckon those whose life back East holds little promise. In Missouri, a poor girl from a trashy family looks to escape a life of misery while a dissatisfied donkey breeder seeks a friend. In Indiana, a beautiful but pampered princess seeks a life with purpose while a crippled former soldier desires only a place to call his own. In Kansas, a captured Indian girl longs for a savior while a mountain man is unaware of what he really desires.

It is only in the journey West that their dreams can come to fruition, with the help of guts, gold, and a little donkey named Trot.

Hope that you fall in love with "Trot", like I did!

·
Registered
12,041 Posts
Thanks, Corporal!
I'm always looking for good horse books, both fiction and non.
Smoky The Cowhorse, was my childhood favorite, as were several in the "Famous Horse stories Series'.
For working in the tobacco fields all summer, I used to get $50 whole dollars from my parents, end of season. With those funds I was expected t buy my school supplies, but always kept enough to buy another book in that series
Unfortunately, my mother gave those books away, along with all of my Silver , lone Ranger, Champion, Fury and Rin Tin Tin comics, while I was at college
Don't even want to know what they might be worth today!
I did find some of those books since, and bought them again. Thus, I have :

Beyond Rope and Fence
Tick Tock and Jim
Kentucy Derby Winner
Frog, the Horse That Knew no Master
Lost Horse
Blue Grass Champion
Mountain Pony and the Elkhorn Mystery

Countless other horse books, besides those from that series

If you want to read something really entertaining, I have the books, Horse Tradin, and more Horse Tradin, by Ben Greene
Had a lot of laughs and learned quite a bit of the tricks used in the past, in the business of trading horses and mules

Judy

·
Registered
7,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Judy!!
For working in the tobacco fields all summer, I used to get $50 whole dollars from my parents, end of season. With those funds I was expected to buy my school supplies, but always kept enough to buy another book in that series
Unfortunately, my mother gave those books away, along with all of my Silver , lone Ranger, Champion, Fury and Rin Tin Tin comics, while I was at college.
Don't even want to know what they might be worth today!
Judy
**falls over, thud**
Can't believe that you are still on speaking terms after that.
Horse Tradin, and more Horse Tradin, by Ben Greene
Had a lot of laughs and learned quite a bit of the tricks used in the past, in the business of trading horses and mules

Judy
I have Horse Tradin--bought it at Wall Drug Store years ago. EVERY horse owner should read, "The Easter Lily".
DH didn't go into a lot of detail about training mules bc we don't own/train them and don't wish to sound like we do, so I'll be interested in your feedback about that. Book II, Full House, is being edited now, and DH is still writing Book III, Trot Trilogy (working title), so there is still time to make suggestions. =D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.