The Horse Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently discovered something while riding my mare Wachiwi. i nudge her to trot, she trots. (not the discovery)
I can control the speed of her trot with the reins. Now, if i squeeze my legs ( not taking off pressure) And apply medium but constant pressure to the reins her regular trot goes to a slow, comfy prancey trot. i was just wondering what this was called. p.s she was being trained for dressage a bit before we got her... thanks!

·
Registered
49,438 Posts
a collected trot, a jog, a jig . . . . depends on how hard she is leaning on the rein if you are holding it, and if she is anxious about this or not (the jig). Sounds like you might enjoy some dressage lessons.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
a collected trot, a jog, a jig . . . . depends on how hard she is leaning on the rein if you are holding it, and if she is anxious about this or not (the jig). Sounds like you might enjoy some dressage lessons.
She is not anxious,she seems to enjoy it... if shes being rowdy at a regular trot i can still get her to do this :p and yes! Dressage lessons sound great right now!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts