The Horse Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hehehehe. I hope Allie doesn't mind me posting this, but I would like your critique on it. I spent about an hour on it, and I used GIMP 2.6 and Photoshop for the lighting. I am pretty pleased with it. I added a forelock and tried my best with the mane, but I am not sure that I like what I did with them. I did a couple of different versions just to get a little more practice. I screwed up the cutting a little too.

So here it is. lol. This is JustDressageIt and her horse Denny(Dupe's Delight).

Oh. And I totally trust most of you, but DO NOT STEAL! I will know, because I am everywhere. 0.0

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Wow! Awesome job! They look very nice

·
Registered
23,642 Posts
Too cool!! I don't mind you posting these at all, you did the hard work!! (If you ever want to play around with Denny's photos, please be my guest! I LOVE your work!)
The first one is my computer background! The 4th is on my iPod :p

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Very nice job! You might try using the smudge tool on photoshop to soften that line where the mane goes into the background.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Very nice job! You might try using the smudge tool on photoshop to soften that line where the mane goes into the background.
Yeah, what I always do is use the smudge tool around the edges of the entire cut-out because it just makes it look better :)
They look great though!

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Yeah. Like I said, it was just a quick one. I actually usually use the blur tool and go around the whole picture, but I was just doing this one to try something new.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts