The Horse Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not putting this in the show category because I'm not planning to show my horse, this is honestly just for fun because I find show names awesome.
So my filly is a cremello pinto (not a paint though). She is a cross of many breeds (can't wait to do a DNA test!), but the breed you can definitely see most in her conformation is the Friesian, which is kind of crazy because there's no way she has a lot of it in her considering she's a cremello.
Her name is Chamomile. She is mostly cream (obviously) but has white tobiano markings (can I call them markings? Patches? I'm not sure) on her shoulders and on her hindquarters. Her eyes are blue and she has a white blaze.
I want her name to be kind of dramatic and nice to the ear, and I want it to relate to the spring or flowers (because of her barn name). All suggestions are appreciated! Have a great day!
:runninghorse2:

·
Registered
49,417 Posts
Personally, I LOVE the name Chamomile . I'd just riff on that.

Chamomile Smile
Miles of Chamomile
Chamomile Tea
Chamomiles

Or, if you want something totally different, Larkspur

·
Registered
36 Posts
A couple come to mind " Fleur", French for flower, or Spring Time, White Rose, Roses are Forever
Personally, I LOVE the name Chamomile . I'd just riff on that.

Chamomile Smile
Miles of Chamomile
Chamomile Tea
Chamomiles

Or, if you want something totally different, Larkspur
Thank you all for helping!
I thought maybe something like Spring Fever, Butterfly Effect (kind of random but still spring-ish?), and I really liked Before December, until I realised that spring comes after it, lmao. Thanks again! I loved all the suggestions and I'm going to add them to my list.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Buttercup

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How about Persephone (Pronounced per-SEF-e-nee)
My wife thought that up, the Greek Goddess of Spring?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persephone
Pronounced (pər-SEF-ə-nee)

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk
That's a great idea! Fun fact, Persephone was one of the names on my list when I first got her and was trying to pick a name. I ended up going with Chamomile, but I love Persephone!

·
Registered
943 Posts
How about Friesland Flora ? per Google, Friesland is the country of origin for the Fresian breed, and flora per google is "Derived from Latin flos meaning "flower". Flora was the Roman goddess of flowers and spring".

Reactions: lunachamomile

·
Super Moderator
12,636 Posts
Eldri for the white flower of the Elder tree.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts