The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I did it... I found my prospect. He is a coming 4 year old Russian Arabian and I'm super excited to get him home and spend some quality time with him :) he'll hopefully be coming out a few weeks at most. We're driving home from and brainstorming for stable names... any ideas? We haven't come up with to much over the last 3 hours of driving lol.

Horse Vertebrate Mammal Mustang horse Mane

Horse Mammal Vertebrate Horse supplies Stallion

Horse Mammal Vertebrate Mane Stallion

·
Registered
502 Posts
Heck, I'd call him his registered name! It's unique and not one of those crazy long show names. :lol:

Perhaps Sora for short?

·
Registered
12,001 Posts
You also need to decide what sort of name. Person name? "Horse" name? Random name? Made up name? or the big one- Arabic name? good place to start.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Haha yes I did get him, and thank you! :D I'm not quite sure what type of name I want... The ones I like so far are all over the map. Rush, Dante, Zhivago, Chester, Guiness, Yoshi (don't ask) so I didn't list them. Something with some spunk and a quirky edge. I know it will come with time and getting to know him but it might be a few weeks before delivery is possible and it's just fun to think on and ponder the possibilities. And share my excitement about him :) thanks for the suggestions guys
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
5,801 Posts
Haha yes I did get him, and thank you! :D I'm not quite sure what type of name I want... The ones I like so far are all over the map. Rush, Dante, Zhivago, Chester, Guiness, Yoshi (don't ask) so I didn't list them. Something with some spunk and a quirky edge. I know it will come with time and getting to know him but it might be a few weeks before delivery is possible and it's just fun to think on and ponder the possibilities. And share my excitement about him :) thanks for the suggestions guys
Posted via Mobile Device
Yoshi is actually cute :) or Sasha, since he's russian bred.
I keep coming up with Italian names for all my animals, right now all cute males of all species are "Pippo" or "Pippolo" lol. I have three languages plus one dialect to choose from, interesting that mainly Italian comes up, tho....
It will come once you get to know him, you will find yourself calling him a name which will eventually stick...DH calls my Muffolo "speedbump" and I find myself doing that too, depending on what horse does lol

·
Registered
5,814 Posts
Don't try to name him. Let him settle in his new home and, as he does this, he will in a way name himself by revealing his quirks and character. Let the name come, but his registered name fits him extremely well, by the way. Posters on the internet don't know him better than you do, anyway. ;)
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
7,414 Posts
I would wind up calling him Rennie!!

He is gorgeous!! Good choice!!

Sorry if I missed a previous discussion....what are you planning to do with this fabulous animal?

Nancy

·
Registered
15,433 Posts
Don't try to name him. Let him settle in his new home and, as he does this, he will in a way name himself by revealing his quirks and character. Let the name come, but his registered name fits him extremely well, by the way. Posters on the internet don't know him better than you do, anyway. ;)
Posted via Mobile Device

LOL, I agree with this, BUT, even after Gibbs had been here 3 weeks he still didn't have a name, and it was only coming here and getting suggestions that Gibbs was chosen, thanks to Skyseternalangel suggesting it.

HANDSOME boy, good luck with him, what are your plans?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes that's exactly what I don't want golden horse... being unable to pick one for so long or choosing something just because. Gibbs is cute! I had a mare one I couldn't decide so I said no rush to myself... ended up calling her baby In the mean time an it stuck :s
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm looking at bringing him along for endurance and competitive trail. Maybe dabble in some dressage- makes for such a good training foundation even if I don't plan to be competitive in it.

Thanks for all the compliments an suggestions everyone, it's been a great help!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok everyone... It has been some time and he is settled in and still without a name lol.

One I really like is Castiel (Cas-tee-el). Cas for short. What do you think? Latin/Hebrew for angel of Thurseday, or alternatively light.

Other names i considered:

Anatoly (ahn-a-tol-ee). Russian, Sunrise.
Voron (Vi-ruhn) Russian, raven.
Tsygan (Sig-an) Russian, gypsy.
Rodeon (Rid-yon) Russian, song of the hero.
Bronte- Greek, thunder. Also one of Hyperion's immortal horses in myth.
Pyrois- Greek, fire. One of Hyperion's horses in myth.
Pavlo/Pablo- Russian/Italian, little.
Magnus- Icelandic, mountain.
Tydas- Greek, pleasing.

I still love Yoshi but decided I need something a little less cute and a little more regal. I am pretty much decided just wondering what thoughts are :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.