The Horse Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boy has a wonderful, naturally long and thick tail. I am mostly all about minimal usage of grooming products and staying as natural as possible, but today he happened to rub a small, bald patch on the head of his tail while being trailered in a slightly-too-small trailer (the choice was not mine to make). I would love to stimulate the growth of hair in this patch - what are some products or home made solutions you could recommend in such cases? Currently I've got neem oil and FoxFire conditioner in my supplies - worth trying?

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Coconut oil all the way. It's amazing for hair.

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
MTG is good. You have to be careful that it doesn't burn the skin though since is an oil base. Another thing you might look into is flax seed or flax seed oil. That seems to promote hair grown and health.

For the future you may want to invest in a professionals choice tail wrap, or something similar.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dang, I actually had a tail guard lying around somewhere in my tack trunk, but I didn't think of it when we were about to load! I don't trailer my boy too often, so I didn't think that he'd rub his tail out...

What I DO have is a nice jar of coconut oil in my cupboard - thanks, I'll definitely start using it on his tail!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts